4.

WHAT A FEELING TO BE A KING BESIDE YOU, SOMEHOW

— WHAT A FEELING TO BE A KING BESIDE YOU, SOMEHOW❞

| HINATA SHŌYŌ |

All the eyes were on them.

Shōyō gulped when he looked at Kageyama who was giving him a nasty glare. Okay, he was late. However, it wasn't his fault that he was busy following Noya and Kageyama's advice. If anything, Kageyama should be elated.

"Let's just keep it to ourselves, okay?" He heard Tsukishima mutter beside him, gently tapping his back for acknowledgement.

"Sure." That was actually a relief. He himself doesn't want anyone to know that he and Tsukishima were going to try dating each other. It would be awkward and downright embarrassing. Everybody would, undoubtedly, try to get in their business. No, thank you. Shōyō likes his privacy. Tsukishima will be his bittersweet secret and that would be okay.

"Oi, Hinata, c'mon." Kageyama called out, it was definitely a masked up demand. Shōyō didn't mind it though. He enjoyed the practice. And with the burden of confession off his shoulder, he felt extremely light and happy.

And it was evident throughout the practice. Everybody was happy.

It was after a while, when Yamaguchi decided to approach Shōyō, smiling brightly. "You look better."

"I am," Shōyō grinned, beaming at the taller boy. He took a large swig off his water bottle. He had to restrain himself from telling Yamaguchi that it was his best friend who made him this happy.

"Good thing, Hinata." Yamaguchi gave his back a friendly pat. "The offer still stands."

"And I'm glad that it does. Likewise, Yamaguchi. I got your back." He beamed at the green-haired middle blocker, flashing him a toothy grin.

Yamaguchi laughed softly, happy for his friend. "Thank you." With a last head pat, he sauntered back to the court, practising his serves with Noya.

"I see you followed my advice!" Kageyama's sudden appearance made Shōyō jump up in fear.

"Yeah, you noticed?" He muttered shyly, quickly glancing at Tsukishima who was actually staring back. Wow. It made his heart almost lurch out of his chest. Is this what a crush feels like?

"Clearly. You were decent throughout the practice, dumbass." Kageyama snorted. "I even saw you two."

Saw us? What? Shōyō was confused. He never really conversed or made any contact with Tsukishima. Maybe Kageyama noticed their secret stares. Wow, he's observant. Why won't he? He's a genius setter.

With an embarrassed giggle, Shōyō rubbed the back of his head. "Don't mention that, Kageyama."

"How lame, Hinata!" Kageyama scoffed, internally enjoying his friend's bashfulness. "Now, stop your stupidity. Let's resume the practice."