chapter fifteen

luciana pov <3

WE WERE ALL CURRENTLY hanging out in the HMS Pogue. John B stopped in the middle of the marsh and we all sat in the boat and chilled. I was zoned out.

"What are you guys gonna do with your sixty mil?" Pope asked.

"I'm gonna buy a house on Figure Eight. With a Koi pond and a huge statue." JJ says.

"I'm never visiting." Kie laughed.

"What about you Luci?" JJ asked.

"Huh?"

"What are you doing with you're sixty mil?" John B repeated.

"Oh. It's fine, I don't want any of it. You can all have eighty instead." I tell them.

"Fuck no."

"No."

"You did a big part in this, you're getting some." John B insisted.

"Guys, it's fine. You need it a lot more than I do--"

"No. Shut up. No. You're getting sixty million dollars, like the rest of us. Period." Pope interrupts.

"Fine. I just donate all of it to cancer research or something." I mutter.

We went back to the Chateau and everyone except JJ and I were either helping or planning ways to get the gold out. I was sitting on the porch while he did some weird stuff to his surfboard.

"Hey Luci?"

"Yeah?" I respond.

"When I was talking to you at the hospital, did you hear everything I said?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"I meant it. All of it." JJ told her after there was a long pause of silence.

"You did?" I was shocked.

"Yes, of course. You really aren't a bad person, Luci." He sat down next to me and held my hand. I looked at his baby blue eyes that were currently glistening in the sun, to his peach pink lips. They were beautiful, he was beautiful. He seemed to be doing the same as we both slowly leaned in.

"Are you guys ready?" Pope busts through the door as we both quickly pull away.

"Y-yeah." I say standing up as JJ cleared his throat.

"Um.. okay." Pope rushed out the door as JJ and I followed behind him. We hopped into the Twinkie and drove off to a random pawn shop. During the car ride, I was nominated for 'best liar'. Which unfortunately came with having to lie to the pawn shop lady. JJ was nominated second best liar so it was us two together. We hopped out of the van once we got here as JJ examined the melted down gold in a grey towel.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." JJ called out.

"Like you could've done any better." Kiara scoffed.

"I could've done much better, I took a welding class." JJ lied.

I narrow my eyes and look at him, "When?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Whoa. Whoa. Hey, shh. Chill out, 'kay?" John B put his hand on JJ's shoulder as JJ turned his body immediately.

"Easy for you to say. When you're not the one who has to pawn this piece of shit off."

"How did I get this job anyway?" I mutter to myself.

"Cause you're the best liar." Pope tells me.

The shop bell rung as we all walked into the store. An African American lady stood at the counter cleansing a piece of metal.