chapter twenty

luciana pov <3

JOHN B RAN TO Sheriff Peterkin as she gasped for air. Sarah fell to the ground and started sobbing, I ran to her and hugged her as we both sobbed. Then, I went to the sheriff and tried to stop the bleeding.

"Run." Peterkin wheezed.

"I'm not leaving you." John B states.

"Run." She repeats.

"I'm sorry." I choke out.

John B grabs my hand and we run together as gunshots echo. We ran back to the junkyard where Pope was kicking random items. Once I got there, I saw a familiar car approach. A recognizable man comes out of the car.

"Hey, sweetheart."

"N-nicolas?" I stutter out.

"Luci, who is this?"

"Long time, no see." He smirks.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask him.

"Visiting my girlfriend, what else?"

"Girlfriend?" JJ asks.

"Ex girlfriend." I correct him.

"Whatever you say." He mumbles.

"What are you actually doing here? We gave you everything you wanted." I tell him.

"Just came to check on you, y'know after you found out Ward killed Julieta." He voiced.

I froze, "How did you know about that so quickly?" I ask.

"Don't reach--"

"You sent him to kill her, didn't you?" I scoff.

"You should have stayed with me." He shrugs.

"So that's a yes?"

"You shouldn't have left me." He repeats.

"I can't believe this."

"Luciana, who is this? And why did he kill your sister?!" Kie asks.

"Oh, I guess your little friends don't know anything about me, huh? I'm guessing they don't know about the real reason you became fr--"

"Nicolas, shut up!" I cut him off.

"Why? They deserve to know the truth." He smirks.

"What is he talking about?" John B asks.

"Nothing."

"Go ahead, Luci. Tell them the truth." Nicolas lights a cigarette.

"What does he mean 'the truth?" Pope asks.

I start talking, "Um.. so, a while back---"

"Like two weeks ago." Nicolas cuts me off.

I look back at him and give him a fake smile then looked back at my friends, "Two weeks ago. My dad.. he, umm.. told me that John B's dad had a compass and he wanted me to pretend to be friends and get it for him. And so, I started being friend's with you guys and my intention was to steal the compass--"

"You what?!" Kie exclaims.

"You knew about my dad's compass, and purposely tried to steal it from me?!" John B asked.

"Listen-- it's not what you think, because then I got to know you guys and--"

"Bullshit. I can't believe this." Pope mutters loudly.

I start to tear up, "Guys--"

They start backing up and getting into the van as I go after them, "Guys, wait!"

"Don't talk to us. Ever." Kie says.

I look at JJ with an guilty expression, "JJ.."

"I gave you my mothers ring! Fucking hell, I said I loved you." He yelled.

"J--"

"And then, you had some secret boyfriend behind my back?!" He exclaimed.

"He's my ex! When I moved to California for a little, I was in a gang and my whole family is wrapped up in this mafia-gang type shit--" I try explaining.

"You were in a gang too?!" John B scoffs.

"What else are you lying about? Your dead ass sister? She was probably just like you, that's why she died. You deserve death too, Luciana. I hate you." JJ says.

I just stood there shocked by his comment, "Why would you even say that?"

"Go to hell and stay there. Matter a fact, stay away from us." Kie sneers.

And just like that, they drove off. My only friends, the only boy I'd ever loved in my entire life... gone. I turned and looked at Nicolas who seemed to be amused by this situation.

"I hate you, so, so much." I choke out.

"Karma's a real bitch, Luci." He gets into the car and drives off.