16: Master of a Mask

BELLE

BELLE

The evening wind was brushing against Chris' hair as he stood at the rooftop. The heavenly bodies of the night sky joined with the city lights, illuminating the dark shadows at each corner.

"Maawa ka sa 'kin, boss! Patawad po! Hindi ko na 'yon uulitin!" A man around his 20's had the weight of his whole body hanged on the edge of the rooftop, begging for his life. "Boss! Sorry na!"

Isang kamay na lang ang nakahawak sa porch, at sa bawat segundong lumilipas ay unti-unti na ring dumudulas ang kamay nito. 

"Boss naman! Patawad! Hindi ko na uulitin!" Patuloy pa ring bumubuhos ang luha ng lalaki. Seeing that if the man in front of him wouldn't kneel down and help, his entire life must be flashing now before his eyes.

"Patawad? Sure." Chris' antagonistic grin complemented the dark night. He crossed his arms and turned around, causing for the hanging guy to scream louder. "I can forgive. But I can't forget HA HA HA!"

"CUT!"

Napabuntong-hininga lahat ng tao sa paligid matapos sumigaw ang director. Even the actor who's playing the guy hanging, just let go of the porch and dived unto the foam beneath him. Dismayado ang mukha ng mga camera personel, mga nakaabang na screenwriters, pati ang mga producers na nakatayo rin sa 'di kalayuan.

"Tofer, ano bang problema?" Halatang pinipigilan lang ng director ang sigawan at pagalitan si Chris. Well, for its 49th take, I'm sure everyone was already exhausted to see him messing up the 1-minute scene. "Your laugh is so unrealistic! Daig mo pa ang nag-aacting na puno sa role play ng classroom. Your emotions are so... so dry."

Hindi sumagot si Chris at sa halip ay yumuko lang. 

"Hindi mo rin kabisado ang script mo. C'mon, Christofer, maraming nag-aabang sa film na ito!"

All eyes were staring at him, like he was a spilled juice in a corner that stole everyone's attention. I was expecting him to talk back and retaliate—given that it's 'Chris' but I was thankful he remained silent.

Nagpa-one hour break muna saglit ang director pagkatapos no'n. That told me to stand up and follow him. I was carrying the bag containing all of his essentials. Napalingon siya sa'kin nang makita niya 'ko. "Tubig."

I rolled my eyes before looking down to my bag and take his water. Kanina pa niya ako inuutusan na parang personal assistant niya, sa totoo lang. I wonder if that's the reason why he asked me to come to his taping.

After all the stressful happenings that we faced these past few days, I was hoping for a break kahit wala pang weekend. But I was wrong. Kahit siya ang umaarte ngayon para sa palabas niya, ako itong nasi-stress sa poor performance niya.

This upcoming film, entitled "Master of a Mask" is being anticipated by a lot of people. Sa kwentong ito, he will play as a young mafia master disguising himself as a regular boy. He had to wear a mask and pretend to be someone else. Those who finds out who he really is needed to be killed. In the film, people shouldn't notice his character's changes.