Chapter 1

"So, you are a Gate Keeper too, like those in the news?"

"Yes, I've told you that already, didn't I?"

"Yes you did, and you are a member of the Alien Exterminating Global Intercept System, I thought AEGIS was a joke?"

"Yes. Why do you keep asking me questions that you already know the answer to?"

"Well, nothing. Just nothing. I still can't believe that my girlfriend is one of them." He smiled.

Loids laughed.

"What's funny? Hmm… what is your gate then?" He asked.

"It's the Gate of Love," Loids smirked.

"What?!" He exclaimed, shocked. "Don't tell me you used your gate to make me fall-in-love with you?"

She stared at him seriously, "Maybe. I can't remember anymore." She tilted her head the way she always does when struggling with a thought, "Why? You don't like it? You should be thankful and glad I chose you. Who knows, you might still be a loser today…"

He interrupted, "It's not that I don't like it, how can I not? You're so beautiful, divine…"

"Liar," she replied back and looked away from him.

"It's just that, it's like you've cast a spell on me, and that means what I'm feeling for you is not real!" He sighed. "Much more, if you don't like me anymore you can just remove what I'm feeling for you, and," he paused, preparing to accept the reality if what he's thinking is true, "and… You see. I am a person, not a toy, not a robot." He continued very sadly.

Laughing hard she said, "No! It is real! What you are feeling is as real as you can imagine!" She started to reassure her boyfriend, "I was just kidding, you know. I do not use my ability in such unethical ways, it's unfair. Besides I want is someone who truly loves me and not someone who I just spell-bound as you've said," she said while caressing him.

"As you say so. I will take your word," he replied smiling a bit. "I love you dear."

"I love you too, John," she replied with her sweet voice and embraced him tight. "I'm sorry if my joke hurt you, I didn't mean it that way."

"Commander! Negative energy detected at Rizal Park," shouted Tess.

The commander stood up. A tall man of about six feet, light skinned, with deep black eyes. Hailing from one of the largest Chinese clans in the Philippines, a well-built body and handsome face, which made him famous among the women in the headquarters. Always mistaken as 23-year old young adult but in reality, he's a 30-year old military guy.

He pressed a key on his table and said, "Gate Keepers, make a sortie!"

"Let's go to the mall shall we?" asked Loids.

"Sure, why not," John replied smiling.

The couple left their school and headed for the mall a kilometer away. As college freshmen, the couple are too sweet to each other that rumours abound they're actually married already. Loids, a five and a half petite girl with long black, straight hair a few inches below her shoulders, born from a Chinese family. She was gifted with pointed nose, pink, kissable lips, and beautiful eyes. She also possessed a slim body and a natural friendly aura which gets the attention of not just the other guys but also the girls, single or not. She loves her family and her first love very much, she cares about them.

The red-alarm on her watch beeped. She pressed a button and a small window showed up. The face of a man appeared on the screen and said, "Gate Keepers, make a sortie!"