Chapter 5

He ducked, rolled, and hid behind collapsed wall to avoid getting hit by the huge balls of red-hot magma. He stood up and looked at the enemy. He was smiling. Something is not right. From behind him the huge balls of magma came back streaking fast than before and hit him, one… two… and three… He had no time to react, he's doomed. Then gallons of water erupted from the ground and engulfed him.

"Are you alright?" asked a guy.

He coughed and took a deep breath and saw a guy smiling at him, "Yes, thank you."

"Good. Be careful, there are two of them, the Gate Keeper of Magma and the Gate Keeper of Telekinesis." The guy said pointing at the hiding Gate Keeper who was no doubt the one who controlled the balls of magma.

"I see. Who are you and where di you come from?" he inquired.

"All I can say is that I am the Gate Keeper of Ground Water and I am here to help."

"Okay…"

"Incoming!" someone shouted over the chaos.

One-by-one, the AEGIS Defense Team fell to the ground. Not a dent on the enemy lines. All seems hopeless. Defeat just around the corner. The invading Gate Keepers are advancing, unstoppable. They outnumber AEGIS two to one.

From nowhere, a voice was heard in their communications channel, "Subic-Clark region, prepare to fight back, reinforcements has arrived!"

"Gate Open!" A shining red-white ring of light appeared.

"Gate Open!" shouted Val after the other Gate Keeper.

"Gate of Portal open to our allies over Subic-Clark!" Small rings over the AEGIS team appeared simultaneously. "Now!" Declared Val.

A woman raised her right arm and shouted, "Gate of Faith!" Then she raised her left arm and shouted, "Gate of Hope!" At once an energy went out of the two new gates straight to Val's gate and engulfed the AEGIS members. The men and women were invigorated by powers of the Gate of Faith and Gate of Hope.

"Good work Ruaki Nicolta," he said. A rare talent among the Gate Keepers is the ability to open more than one gate with different powers, much rarer to be both positive.

"Thanks and good work to you too, Val," Ruaki replied.

A few moments passed and a harmonica started playing in the air. The sound was beautiful, it made the AEGIS agents stopped while on the enemy side, the music disabled the Gate Keepers one-by-one. While the others exploded revealing their true nature -- a new invader type. After a few minutes, it all stopped.

A boy then appeared from one of the buildings and was heard over the AEGIS comms, "Gate Keeper of Sound, Lee Ming from AEGIS China." He paused, "We received word from AEGIS-VietNam that Hanoi was liberated from the New Order's control!" After his short report, and a news that everyone welcomed with delight, he was heard again, "Kayne!" A ring of soundwave appeared and he once again a harmonice was heard playing.

There was also a rain of fire that hurled down from the skies accompanied by strong winds, and big stones rising from the ground, hitting random targets inside the enemy lines. The works of the Gate Keeper of Fire, the Gate Keeper of Hurricane, and the Gate Keeper of Earth.

Slowly, darkness crept over the land until no one can see anything, not even themselves. From one moment it seems they had the upper-hand but only in a few second the tide was turned against them.