Chapter 4

"The time has come for the glory of our New Order. Our attack in Subic Airport gave us a lot of time and information on our enemy. Today we will commence our final stage in conquering ASEAN," declared Reiji Kageyama on the assembled people before him.

The Gate Keepers gave their applause and cheers.

He continued, "Western team, to your positions. Souther team, to your positions, and us the Eastern team, to our positions. At exactly two in the afternoon we will all attack them. Good luck to all of you. This is the betterment of the world, of our New Order, of us the Gate Keepers!"

He looked as the commanders gave orders to their respective teams. Gate use was forbidden to avoid detection and as such traditional yet advanced high-speed transportation was used to transport men and equipment.

He then went to his room and looked at the mirror. "Now's the time for the ultimate showdown. I'll show these bugs that I'm the only leader that will give them good government." He laughed hard. "All the Gate Keepers will be forced to work with me or get killed, all including this stupid New Order. I am the only Gate Keeper!"

The communication panel besides his mirror beeped twice. "Yes?" answered Reiji.

"Sir, everybody's in position. Two hours before the final phase commences," said a low-tone voice from the speaker.

"Very good. Commence phase one, now."

"Commencing phase one, intel-network sabotage."

He pressed a button at the panel and the communication was terminated.

Strolling on the mall with her best friend and boyfriend, visiting different stores, window shopping. This is life. Rest day after three days of non-stop training, lectures from AEGIS experts, doing projects from school. No better time for a break. Make the best of it as Gate Keeper Yukino said,

'If this is not the end of oblivion,

then I shall live everyday

as if my life were to end on this very day.'

Yes, right, "live everyday as if my life were to end on this very day."

"Huh? Are you saying something, Loids?"

"Uh, eh, no nothing," she replied.

"Okay, I thought I have to bring you to the," he pointed his head and made a circling motion, "hospital." Her boyfriend said jokingly.

She looked away from him and said to Anna, "Don't mind him."

Anna laughed and looked at the couple, "Sweet lovers." She sighed, "Very funny too."

The two girls went in a store to look for a dress that they will use for their school presentation whie John simply trails them behind. They walked along the dress displays, looking one after another, lane by lane of dresses they checked. Loids chose a long dress with spaghetti straps and went inside the fitting room when she almost bumped into another person headed into the same fitting room.

Loids smiled at her, "You go first."

The girl returned her smile and replied, "No, you go first. I just want to inform you, code red."

Loids looked around checking if other people were watching them and she asked, "What's the problem?"

"What AEGIS learned, that's the problem. We weren't able to inform you earlier because we do not want to jeopardize your mission, they are watching. Be on alert, we can't talk long, proceed to beta phase," the woman said and left her alone.

Loids entered the fitting room and instead of fitting the dress, she placed the earpiece in her ears and went out.

She was startled when she almost crashed into John who's standing just in front of the door of the fitting room, looking at her intently, "What time is it, John?"

"It's already eleven o'clock, why don't we have lunch now?" he suggested.

"Let's go," she replied, hoping she was not obvious that she's distracted.

"Have you mobilised the Society?" asked the Laibeus Lord.

"Yes, I did," Yukino replied. "We'll need everybody's effort here so they won't notice when we move in and bring back Kageyama to his own time."

"Okay, Dimension Master Mizuhura Makoto, you know what to do. Open the way to the netherealm where Reiji was pulled-in the first time and conect it to earth-time 1970, right after that fateful event," the Laibeus Lord said.

"Yes," replied Master Makoto.

"Very well then, let's go and fix this timeline trouble."

"Sir, phase two completed. We're ready to go on with our final phase. Time for commencing, 20 seconds and counting."

"Good," Reiji acknowledged the operations officer's report. "Everybody, it's time! Proceed with the countdown!"

"Roger. Countdown started, 10…"

Kageyama smiled, the long-awaited victory that Shun Ukiya prevented will finally be his and no one is capable of stopping him.

"9…"

"Finally."

"7…"

They finished eating and immediately went out of the mall to go to the Philippine International Convention Center, near Manila Bay. John on the other hand went on his separate way after he accompanied them.

"Anna, hurry we must return to the base."

Anna was startled and was wondering what seems to be the matter.

The two then proceeded to their respective transport vehicles. Loids to a bullet shaped vehicle that looks like a train car, and Anna on a car-shaped one. With just a few seconds, they reached the AEGIS command center.

"Time check, computer," inquired Loids.

"Quarter to one, exact time locally," it replied.