Chapter 3

"Timelady, have you learned as to why he is in this time period?"

"Not yet."

"How about you Dimension Master?"

"According to what happened at that time of his fight with Ukiya Shun, the intense energy that was produced caused a dimensional rift. As we all know, no one has assumed the position as the new Dimension Master yet then, so it was left unchecked."

"Very well, let's continue researching. We need to return him to his proper place in time as soon as possible."

"Agreed," said the two.

"Laibeus Lord, should we interfere now?" the Timelady asked.

"No, not yet. We must follow the rules of the laibcoms."

"Yeah, right," she shrugged and summoned her gate, "Geeto Open!"

"Wait, Lady Yukino!"

She stopped.

"See what you can do to keep him from doing anything that will cause a timeline split."

"Definitely," she replied smiling.

Rare moments when Yukino Houjo, one of the longest guardian of time, smiles, which means she's enjoying this. "Okay, bye," the Laibeus Lord said to her.

"Bye," Yukino replied and he stepped through her Gate to go to where, or when, she intends to.

"This is Janice Escata, Gate Keeper of Reflection. She's been a Gate Keeper for three years already working at AEGIS-Spain." The Commander said. "She was discovered in Spain where her family is living, and she was reassigned here to help boost our ranks."

"Welcome, Gate Keeper of Reflection," the Gate Keepers said in unison, then each shook her hand.

"Now that I have introduced your new comrade, let me update you of what is happening and what are the latest intelligence that we received upon their arrival," Commander Cav said.

The Gate Keepers wondered who he was referring to.

"I know what you're all thinking. I am referring to Miss Escata of course, and the one who accompanied her, your…"

Someone slowly became visible besides Janice. A chubby and muscular guy of about five feet and eight inches tall, brown skinned, short black hair, and wearing a casual white tee and black pants.

"Captain Jay!" Val and Loids shouted. "Long-time no-see Captain, and how long have you been here?" asked Val.

"Since the meeting started," replied Jay smiling.

"Save your greetings for later, we have a matter to dicuss." The Commander interrupted, "Captain Jay this is Anna Venus," raising his arms towards the woman sitting on one of the chair on the left side of the table, "Miss Venus this is Jay Esno."

Jay shook hands with Anna, "Nice to meet you, Anna."

"And I you," Anna replied.

Commander Cav coughed, "Tess on screen." The big screen at the center of the room lit up and on it appeared a recent encounter at the Subic Airport, showing the exact event as it transpired.

After fifteen minutes, it went off and the Commander stood, "As you have seen and heard, the black Gate Keeper is actually," he paused and breathed deep, "Reiji Kageyama."

The Gate Keepers exclaimed in shock, "What?"

Commander Cav raised his palms and silenced the commotion. He looked at Jay, "It's your show."

Jay looked at each of the assembled Gate Keepers and key personnel in the room. "As you all know, we were taught in AEGIS History that back in 1970 a Gate Keeper named Reiji Kageyama conquered Japan. It was a short-lived reign because of the efforts of the AEGIS-Japan branch and their Gate Keepers team, together with reinforcements from the other nations, most notably Japan's captain, Shun Ukiya.

"During their final battle, a huge vacuum opened at the sky and pulledin all the invaders in Japan, together with Kageyama. Since then ti was believed that he was gone for good. But we were all wrong. No one knew then that Kageyama intentionally let himself be pulled into this vacuum.

"The intense energy of Shun's Gate of Wind and Reiji's Gate of Hatred reacted to each other and opened up a hole which, unknown to most save Reiji perhaps, was connected to the netherealm where spacetime doesn't exist."

The temperature in the room must have dropped, as it was suddenly chilling everyone.

"However Reiji did it, he was able to reappear in our world and in our time. Our intelligence has confirmed that he is indeed, Reiji Kageyama."

"No way," Anna reacted.

"Yes way," said the Commander. "To add, Kageyama joined the New Order of Gate Keepers. Or he could have planted the seeds that led to the ideals of the New Order, for all we know. But one thing is for sure, he had to manuever his way get the leadership position." He paused to let the information sink in. "No one knows his identity inside the New Order, he is using them. No one knows what his true objective is for that matter.

"What we know is this. You must train well. This is the only way to stop them. Janice was the only agent the other branches can reassign, if we can not afford to be the weakest link in the defense against all those who wants to conquer this planet."

The Gate Keepers all stood up.

"Captain Jay, you're back in command. Train them, discover any powers left in them. Create new ones if you have to."

"Is that possible? Create new abilities?" Anna asked.

"Yes, that I've tried and it saved the life of Allan," Janice replied.

Commander Cav looked at each of them, nodded, and said, "Dismissed."

"Roger, AEGIS!"