Chapter 13 | Gentle

"Oye, Husband!" I flinch when everybody lets out a loud gasp, but the loudest one is the one beside me. Freaking hell! Why is everybody gasping now? He is my husband, so what else should I call him?!

Okay—'oye' was inappropriate. What is 'oye,' Kinza?! You should have used umm—'excuse me'? Or 'hey,' maybe? Or 'hello'? But I am not calling him to say hello, and that was what came to my mind. Why is everyone gasping?!

Everybody starts whispering as if their whispers were not audible to our ears. Ayaan hides his shock by raising his eyebrow, amused at the sudden label of his name. But what can I do when they are not letting me call him by his name?

"Your phone, someone is calling you from that time," when he stands in front of me, I give him his phone but feel way too uncomfortable when I see everyone's eyes on me.

"Get back to work if you don't want to get fired!" I flinch and hold my hands together when he yells, looking all upset and angry. He continues to look down at his phone, and everyone rushes to their seat, scared to lose their seat in this big company.

"Oh my god," a gasp of surprise leaves my lips, and I hold Ayaan's arm when I see the rude receptionist crying. "Why is she crying? I know it was very difficult to walk up to the 5th floor, but still, is she crying for that?" Guilt rushes through my veins when I see her sobbing in the corner, looking all humiliated.

"When someone is not picking up the call, you don't have that much sense to think they are busy... if it was that important, I have a personal secretary, and you have legs, so you can walk up to tell me," he rolls his eyes when the other call speaks.

"Hmm, come and meet me now," he cuts the call and turns to me. "What did you say?" I hate people who ignore my words and ask me the question again; it pisses me off. He is lucky he is my husband or else I would've also ignored him, before I could repeat my question that ex-rude girl speaks.

"Sir...I am sorry, please don't fire me," the woman who was a few steps away is now in front of us as she apologizes for her deed.

And I am feeling so bad for complaining. I never thought she was going to end up like this.

"Huh? I—you are not firing her," I look at Ayaan, who glares at me, asking me to shut up, and that stare literally mutes me.

"Pack your stuff and leave within an hour, did you get that?" he sternly speaks, and she shudders at his rude tone.

Damn, this is all my mistake. Why did I even complain to him?

"What are you doing? Why are you firing her? It's okay; I walked up to the fifth floor, and so did she, so the problem is solved. Everything is mutual now," I whisper so only he could hear.

"Go to my cabin and sit there. I'll join you in a few." What does he think about me, a five-year-old kid? I stubbornly shake my head but plead with my eyes for him not to make that woman unemployed.

He sighs, looking all annoyed, but I do not move. I don't want someone to curse at me for kicking their stomach.

"Please," I mumble, holding his arm, totally ignoring the fact that I am so close to him.

He rolls his eyes, his jaw clenching in annoyance, but I am glad he is not pushing me away.

"Apologize," he glares at the girl who quickly bows. "I am sorry... I am sorry, Sir," he shakes his head. "To her," he motions his chin towards me, and the girl looks so humiliated that I am killing myself from the guilt I am feeling because she is getting humiliated because of me. I should have kept my mouth shut! But it was my legs who talked and not me, just like Ayaan said.