Chapter 30 | Fake

"Yeah shut me up that's what you all know to do! Shut me up for all that I care the truth will be truth, they won't be together for too long! I can bet that!!"

"Do I look like I am lying to you?! I have seen them literally fighting like cats and dogs! Don't ruin her life Abbu!" she cares about someone called 'her' and I am so curious on knowing who that her is.

"Zaina!!" My Abbu dramatically yells loudly and I quickly take a hold of Ayaan's wrist and run out so they do not know we heard their little talk. And before my supposed biological sister gives Abbu any mental pressure I close door behind me and ring the bell twice.

The loud yell which was not clear comes to a halt and Ayaan looks at me all confused. "We did not hear anything okay?" He raises his eyebrow and scoffs at me with an eye roll he turns to the other side.

"Who was your sister talking about?" He asks in a low voice as we wait for them to calm down and open the door. "Don't know, it must not be us right? We never fought in front of her!" I am so confused by her statement.

"I—" when the door opens I snap my head towards the host and a grin spreads on my lips when I see Abbu. "How are you?!!" I chirp loudly as he does the same but with a softer look. He looks at Ayaan and welcomes him with a sweet welcoming smile.

"Alhamdulillah I am fine, how is my daughter?" He pats my head like always and I walk in while loudly saying "Alhamdulillah!"

"More than fine!" He nods his head and asks Ayaan who is walking beside dad to sit. I forgot that I left him Alone.

Ammi gives me a side hug as she sits beside me. And I look around in search of the girl who was throwing her lungs out few minutes ago.

"Aw why did you disturb yourself by bringing that" Ammi gives a formal sentence which she gives to all the relatives when they come and bring something with them.

Ayaan who is infront of me looks at me telling me with his eyes to answer this difficult question, I turn and pat my Ammi's back "It's okay Fathima, keep it and stop being so formal" I talk like her friends who always says the same dialogue when she questions them with the same dialogue.

Ammi slaps my thigh and rolls her eyes but couldn't stop herself from grinning.

"Assalamu alaikum" my eyebrow's jump up when a very sweet honeyed voice was heard from the stairs. I turn to see Zaina walking towards us with a smile, her eyes on Ayaan who lifts his eyelids when someone greets him.

I know she is greeting Ayaan and not me but I reply "Walaikum asalam, how are you zain?" I call her by her short name after a long time and she passes me a smile and very delicately sits on the empty seat which is beside Ayaan. And I curse on myself for not going and occupying that seat first.

"I am good what about you?" I am controlling myself from laughing at this fake Zaina who is acting like she is dipped with shyness, from the way she sits shyly and then walks with her eyes down....is something else going on? Is someone coming to see Zaina?

"Are you guys hiding something?" I eye them suspiciously because their is lots of chance of them abandoning me from their family matter after my marriage.

"What do you mean?" Ammi was the one who questioned me first, I eye the girl up and down who is still fiddling with her dupatta and is sitting with a shy smile.