Chapter 19 The first night

"It's human psychology to be attracted to a person.

You have the rarest chances of ending up together with.

Yet , she still tried to be only left with a broken heart .

Which was now a captive of his."
                      - Suzangill©
.....................................................

               Vivian's pov

There is a point in life when you realise that no matter how much you try, somethings are not supposed to happen.

They hurt you more than they will ever ever give you happiness.

And you know what we do to get out of this never ending circle of pain and misery?

We surrender.

Let it all go to trust the divine and let it take the reigns.

And Ethan was that something in my life.

I would have forgiven him for a lot of things he did to me. Thinking it to be his love for his best friend that made him to do it.

Blaming it on his ignorance and Sophie's manipulative skills.

But the very fact that he was the plaintiff of the case that made me undergo that living hell for 5 years and loose the most important thing in my life.

I will never be able to forgive him.

Strengthening the concrete of the walls around my heart, I was determined to do just one thing in these 6 months of marriage.

Survive.

And you know how a deer caught in a lion's jaw escapes it sometimes?

By pretending to be dead, by not thrashing. By giving up struggle. Making the lion to assume he is dead and has surrendered.

And when the lions grip loosens, it gives up the best fight of his life. Surprising the hunter.

And runs.

Making the prey to escape the hunter finally.

I was going to be this deer from now on. I will not fight Ethan , I will let him do whatever he wishes to do.

And then 6 months later. I will escape.

Leave him and these sick people forever.

To live a peaceful life in my mom's villa. With enough money to support myself.

"Welcome to your new home Ma'am"

The chauffeur says, opening my door.

I look up to see we have reached the place where I will spent my next 6 months.

It was a huge villa which looked like a royal estate. From what I know this is Ethan's private property.

He doesn't share it with anyone.

He lives here alone away from his parents. And now henceforth with my company.

Stepping out I give a smaile smile to the chauffeur and he closes the door behind me.
Ethan stands beside me lost in typing something on his phone , not bothering to even look at me.

Picking up the length of the long wedding dress I follow him as we proceed inside.

The luxury and the interiors of the place leaving me in awe.

Not knowing where to go, I keep following him to only have him stop abruptly to look back at me.

"Why are you following me? "