Chapter 21

Royse sighed as he circled his shoulder, relieving it from the soreness. He spent his day in school being busy with the paperwork that was handed to him by the teachers.

It was odd from the start and upon asking why to them, the teachers laughed at his question and explained the documents came from the student council.

Oh no wonder.

The twins must have already told the teachers their decision or perhaps William to be exact. It's no surprise why they've been looking at Royse with a proud gaze lately.

He'll need to speak to the twins seeing how they disregarded his opinion. This time he needed to stand firm and refuse their decision. He won't allow himself to be pulled around just like that.

He navigates his way towards the student council office. Arriving, he knocks on the door and entered when he hears a reply.

What greeted his view was the members. They all look at him with a smile.

"Hello Royse." Catherine was first to greet.

The redhead bowed. "Greetings to the student council. I would like to speak with the president for a moment if possible."

William smiles and stood up. "There shouldn't be a problem to speak to us." He replies.

Royse felt his anger bubbling but decided to calm down. Losing his temper would do no good after all.

He looks up with a determined gaze. "I have heard from the faculty members that I am to join the council." He informs.

They all blinked in surprise and turned towards William, all except for Catherine.

William chuckled. "Yes. I apologize for not informing the rest. I believe Royse is someone who will be a key member of our academy. That is why I spoke to our professors regarding my decision."

"Your highness." Royse calls.

William's brow twitched at the title. Even if they agreed for him to call him with that title when they're in public, he still didn't like hearing it.

"I would like to refuse the offer."

The members became surprised at the straightforward answer of the redhead. Even if it was known that the young Frostenden was close to the princes', it would still take a lot of guts to speak frankly when outside.

Tension rose in the atmosphere as the two had a heated gaze. William simply lets out his usual smile, somehow amused with the current situation. Henry feels his headache rising. He had hope for a better location to speak about this matter. His brother always rushed into action which was something that annoyed him.

"And why is that?" William asks.

Royse didn't falter and remained adamant. "My opinion was not taken to consideration. A privilege indeed to be offered, yet a noble myself cannot agree with the idea that others are to decide for what I am to do. And that includes abruptly joining the council without a proper discussion." He reasons.

William allowed Royse to speak while other people were inside the room, then so be it. He'll prove his point either way.

The members felt their sweatdrop with the way Royse spoke. Despite being young, Royse spoke with a mature tone, something they realized he gained in his experience with his work.

A part of them was also in awe with his display of courage. For him to not buckle in fear from the icy gaze of the prince, they knew the future of the redhead was something they would fear.

After a moment of silence, William lets out a chuckle. "Very well. I would like to offer my apologies for my hasty decision. Would you like to schedule our discussion regarding the matter?"