S I X

"Holy shit," Tony exhales forcibly, the weight of the woman in front of him slamming into his chest as she collapses. "Anna, what happened? How did you get here?"

Anna grasps at his jacket, willing herself upright, "T-Thanos."

Gritting her teeth, she squeezes her eyes shut for a moment, biting back tears. The emptiness has already sunk into her bones, the knowledge, the uncanny awareness of the reality of Loki's death. It taints her reunion with Tony, an aching pain that turns relief bitter in her mouth, but she forces herself to take a deep, shaky breath.

"Loki's gone," she says, her voice cracking. "Thanos had him, he took him, and I...I got him back, I had to get him back. I had to get him back, but it wasn't enough. I don't know what happened. I-"

Her words jumble together, and Tony pulls her tightly against his chest.

"It's okay," he whispers against her ear. "It's okay, I got you. I got you now."

Twisting to glance over his shoulder at the empty hallway, he shifts Anna over to his side and leads her back into the large space where he left the kid waiting with Strange. They're slow-moving, Anna's body weak with emotion, but he's patient as Peter comes into sight. Instantly, the kid is on his feet, rushing toward them.

"Mr. Stark, what is--"

"Not right now, kid," Tony cuts him off. Ordinarily, the kid's tendency toward asking questions was annoyingly endearing, but his concern for Anna's condition takes precedence. Instead, he motions with his chin at Strange's back, "Hey, Magic Man, you got any healing spells up the sleeves of your dress?"

"It's not a dre-," Dr. Strange turns back toward him, and his eyes widen as he takes in Anna. "What's going on? Who is this? Another one of your strays?"

"Thanos had her," Tony explains, refusing to take the bait. "I found her in another part of the ship. She's a friend from home, and she needs medical attention. You're a magic doctor, surely that means you can help her."

Strange sighs, but Anna interrupts him.

"I'm fine, Tony," she says. "I'm okay."

"You're clearly not okay. You're bleeding, your clothes are torn," he pushes her away from him slightly, allowing his eyes to take in more of her physical appearance, and the words rush out before they fully register." I mean look at you, you're pregnant."

His jaw drops when it hits him.

"You're preg-you're pregnant?"

Anna gives him a weak smile, "Surprise?"

"Well shit," he exhales. "How long have you been in Asgard? How far along are you? How--"

"I don't quite know," she admits. "It's been...it's been a while. And here, I'm afraid I've lost track of the time."

"You look super pregnant," Peter interrupts, earning a glare from Tony and an eye-roll from Strange. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't-I'm Peter. Parker. Peter Parker. But you can call me Spider-Man, although if that's weird for you, you can call me whatever you want. Especially if you're a friend of Mr. Stark's, oh god, are you a special friend of Mr. Stark's? Does that mean..."

"No!" Tony and Anna respond.

Dr. Strange bites back a snort, and Tony flips him the middle finger from behind Anna's back.

"Sorry!" Peter exclaims. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to assume. I jus--"

"This is Anna, kid," Tony interrupts. "Long story, abridged version, we go way back. She's Nat's sister, L..." His voice trails off at Loki's name. The brunette beside him gives him a half-hearted smile before untangling herself from his grip and easing down on a nearby surface.