F I V E

"Wow, you are a seriously loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?"

After Maw took Strange in New York, Tony managed to sneak on-board his ship without being detected. At least, he hoped without being detected. That would be ideal.

"Yeah, uh...speaking of loyalty."

And now it's less than ideal.

"What the-" Tony turns, watching Spider-Man drop from the ceiling, while his mask slides away to reveal the face of Peter Parker.

"I know what you're going to say," Peter holds up his hands.

"You should not be here."

"I was gonna go home."

"I don't want to hear it," Tony interrupts.

"But it was such a long way down, and I just thought about you on the way..."

He sighs, "And now I gotta hear it."

"...and kinda stuck to the side of the ship," Peter explains. "And this suit is ridiculously intuitive, by the way, so--"

Tony turns his head, "God damn it."

"If anything, it's kind of your fault that I'm here."

"What did you just say?" Tony lifts an eyebrow.

"I-I take that back," Peter backpedals. "And now I'm here in space."

Frowning, Tony steps toward him, "Yeah. Right where I didn't want you to be. This isn't Coney Island. This isn't a field trip. This is a one-way ticket. You hear me?" He shakes his head, "Don't pretend you thought this through."

"No, I did think this through."

"I know you didn't."

"I did th--"

"You could not have possibly thought this through."

"You can't be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man if there's no neighborhood," Peter replies, only to earn a blank stare from Tony. "Okay, that didn't really make sense but you know what I'm trying to say."

Biting back his frustration, Tony turns and sighs, "Come on, we got a situation." He walks over to the ledge and points to where Steven Strange is suspended in mid-air. "See him down there? He's in trouble, what's your plan? Go."

"Um...Okay, okay...uh..." Peter ruminates. "Okay, did you ever see this really old movie, Aliens?"

Below them, Strange lets out a cry of pain that draws both of their attention.

"Painful, aren't they," Maw's voice carries through the space. "They were originally designed for microsurgery. And any one of them..." a thud echoes behind the alien, who turns to find Iron Man at the ready, "...could end your friend's life in an instant."

"I gotta tell you, he's not really my friend," Tony deadpans from within the suit. "Saving his life is more of a professional courtesy."

Maw beckons objects toward him using his telekinesis, "You've saved nothing. Your powers are inconsequential compared to mine."

"Yeah, but the kid's seen more movies."

A tiny missile shoots from the shoulder of Tony's suit, blasting a hole in the side of the ship, and Maw is sucked into space. Strange follows him, the tiny shards surrounding his body no longer a threat, only to be caught by a jubilant Peter Parker.

"Yes!" Peter exclaims, managing to brace himself with mechanical spider legs over the gaping hole in the ship. "Wait, what are those?"

Peter pushes himself upward, propelling Strange back into the ship, allowing Tony to seal the hole behind them.