Chapter 47: (dis)Advantages

Katsuki shoved the last of his classmates away from the first year that they had been trying to beat to the ground, "And just stay the fuck away from her already, dumbasses."

Fingers glared at him, but Katsuki just glared back harder until he gave up and turned away, gathering up his lackeys and retreating into a corner of the schoolyard reserved for the cool kids, a corner of the yard that Katsuki himself had been conspicuously absent from the past few weeks.

He glanced over at the villains posing as his teachers, unsurprised to find them completely ignoring everything that had just happened. Katsuki had half-expected them to turn on him the second he started standing up to his own past behavior and was worried he'd have to have Amplifier write a letter to UA explaining a bunch of black marks on his record, but apparently they were too spineless for that. If they started reporting him for stopping the abuse, he could easily report them for allowing the abuse in the first place. It was mutually assured destruction.

That didn't mean they hadn't tried to maintain the status quo, though. Katsuki didn't think he'd ever forget being called into the principal's office the day after he'd defended a kid in another class who could grow his fingernails faster than normal.

"Really, Bakugo, I am sure that the other student appreciated you stepping in, but you really shouldn't be wasting your time on such trivial pursuits." The principal had said, a slick smile on his stupid little face. "Kids play around, I'm sure you understand, having done so plenty yourself, so don't you think you should be focused on preparing for UA? The entrance exam is only a few months away, after all!"

Katsuki had simply given him a look that could kill, all respect gone from his voice as he responded, "I am preparing for UA."

The and this is a part of it went unspoken, but from the fear that crossed the principal's eyes, Katsuki could tell he'd gotten his meaning across. He'd left the office without being dismissed and none of the teachers had called him out on his changed behavior since. They hadn't called attention to him in any positive ways either, but he could deal with that. Their approval wasn't what he was trying for anymore.

That didn't mean that losing his alpha dog status at school didn't hurt, but hey, no pain, no gain. If heroes could keep fighting while injured and that shitty green vigilante could keep fighting while on fucking fire, then Katsuki could stop those stupid extras from bullying kids, even if it meant he had to be alone while he did it.

Fuck, was this how Izuku had felt for all those years? It fucking sucked! Whatever, it was just one more thing that he'd have to apologize for when he finally got the balls to talk to the nerd again.

"...starts at 7. Everyone who's anyone is going to be there."

"Keep your voice down! You don't want Blasty showing up, do you?"

Katsuki scoffed and rolled his eyes as he stalked off. As if he hadn't known for days that everyone was planning on going to the new All Might movie without him. What kind of idiots were they? It's like they thought he was deaf or something. Well, some of them...Fingers seemed to be intentionally rubbing it in his face like he'd get extra clout for being an asshole or something.

Whatever, it's not like he wanted to hang out with those extras anyway. It was just that the old hag had been starting to look at him weird when he came home so early, like she knew that he didn't have any friends and was worried or some shit and it was fucking annoying. Maybe if he could just find some other extras to hang with for a few hours it would get her off his back...?

Knowing he was gonna regret apparently wasn't enough to stop Katsuki from pulling out his phone and texting Ogawa and those other villain extras and asking if they wanted to hang out. Ugh! They were gonna be so smug and unbearable, going on about breaking down his walls and...