Chapter 109: Victory

Kuro...Kumo.... Oboro was in so much pain. Years of erased memories rushed through his brain in seconds, destroying everything in their path like a flash flood. All those experiments, finding a lost kitten in the rain and showing up to school soaked, the neverending lineup of doomed cellmates, all of it felt so overwhelming and wrong but at the same time, it was right. The plot holes in his life, the things that had never made sense while helping Shigaraki or while undergoing the doctor's experiments, suddenly made sense. His memories knit together like a patchwork quilt that was just as comforting as it was suffocating.

The brainwashing kid that had fought All for One and won, at least twice if Oboro was correct, was lying on the floor after being violently tossed from his brain by the sheer pain of all those memories returning, but with as much as he felt for the kid, Oboro couldn't' help but feel grateful, because whatever had thrown out the kid had also forced out All for One. For the first time in more than ten years, his mind was his own again.

Or, well, his and his head friends. That was going to take some getting used to.

Oboro hadn't been that aware of what happened before the fight. The Kurogiri part of him had been too focused on his mission, first on finding Viridian and then on fighting the brainwasher, that he hadn't paid much mind to the heroes that had come to fight him, with the exception of Eraserhead...

Oboro's eyes widened and his head jerked up to look at the heroes, his friends, finally feeling enough like himself that the mist retreated until it was just on his head like it was in highschool, just this time pitch black instead of pure white, "Shouta? Hizashi? Nemuri? Uh...long time no see?"

Nedzu observed the fight, baiting and leading Shigaraki around the stadium so that he didn't cause a hazard to civilians or any load bearing walls. Still, the damage was significant and if Shigaraki had had any backup at all, Nedzu would have been extremely concerned for the structural integrity of the building. As it was though, the heroes may not have made much progress in capturing him, but he also hadn't made much progress with killing them, so Nedzu considered it an even match for the moment.

As it turned out, that moment wasn't very long.

Nedzu's fur stood on end and he looked around, trying to figure out what had just triggered such an intense fear response. A man he'd never seen before was striding toward them with purpose and fire in both his eyes and his hands. It appeared that Shigaraki's backup had arrived. Nedzu's eyes flitted about the hall, ready to give the order to close the festival down and evacuate when he realized that the man, who was almost completely covered in scars, wasn't glaring down the heroes. No, he only had eyes for the villain, which made Nedzu wonder just whose backup had just arrived.

Even Shigaraki stopped fighting for a moment, staring at Dabi curiously as he bowled right up to them, "Who are you? An NPC or maybe an alley? You're definitely not a hero."

"Neither are you." The stranger replied. "Call me Dabi."

"Nice to meet you Dabi." Shigaraki grinned. "I'm Tomura Shigaraki."

Dabi raised one eyebrow, "Are you a part of the group that killed Endeavor?"

Shigaraki's grin got even wider, "That was just a warm-up! We're gonna kill All Might too!"

Dabi nodded slowly, partially turning away before winding his arm back and punching Shigaraki straight in the jaw as hard as he could, knocking that stupid grin off his face in process.Shigaraki stumbed back, a look of enraged betrayl on his face, "What the hell are you doing you cheating little troll?!"

Dabi glared at Shigaraki as he advanced, "You talk like a gamer, do you know what kill stealing is?"

Shigaraki scoffed and lunged forward, "Of course I know what that is, I hate it!"