Confusion

TW/CW : dissociation, verbal abuse

I suddenly seem to wake up, but I didn't remember going to bed? I'm already at school, too. This has been happening a lot more lately. I don't know what to do about it.

I wait for the man in formal wear standing in the front of the class to dismiss me, but he decides to pull me over to him after class.

"Son, your grades are dropping even though you're often a high honors student."

I feel so confused, I've never even been here before let alone this man is calling me son. So I tell him, "I'm sorry, but I have no clue who you are sir?"

The man looks shocked. Suddenly he begins to drag me out of that odd room and took me into the nurse's office.

•••

Oh! In the nurse's office again. I must've been clumsy or something. I'll go ahead and ask the nurse about why I'm here!

"Do you have any clue why I'm in here ma'am?"

"Apparently, you've been forgetting things often."

"Oh, well that's pretty normal with teens right?"

"Somewhat, but not to the extent that you forget people."

"I haven't forgotten anyone though?"

"You didn't know who Mr. Stanley was."

"Oh, I dunno! Maybe I got confused?"

"I'm going to have a chat with your mother over the phone, you should get some rest Thomas."

"Yes ma'am."

•••

I'm at home now? I was just sitting in the nurse's office- that's so fuckin' weird! I know I must've gotten here some way.

I decide to go downstairs, I feel hungry. I haven't eaten at all today.

I head to the kitchen before getting screamed at by my mother, "Thomas! We just ate! Why are you already getting food again?"

I hear her mumble "fat-ass" under her breath. I decide to ignore it as to not get into more trouble.

"Sorry, I guess I forgot we ate."

"What?"

"I forgot."

"Go to your fuckin' room."

"Yes ma'am."