Guided

TW/CW : hospitals, dissociation, memory issues

I'm in a car. Why am I in a car? Who's car is this?

"Thomas? You zoned out again. Are you sure you're alright?"

I nodded, but I have no clue how on earth she knows me. I'm guessing I'm Thomas, but in all honesty that's just not my name.

I have no clue where I'm going, but I guess I'll be there soon enough.

•••

We're already at the hospital. I zoned out for a while in the car- I guess even long enough to get all the way here. I'm sure the nurse didn't mind the quiet though.

"Alright Thomas, let's get you to see someone."

"Yes ma'am."

I walked with her toward the gigantic tan building, the sides covered in dark windows I couldn't see through. It was almost majestic- I would've continued to think as such if I didn't know what was on the inside.

•••

I'm sitting in a room. I don't remember getting to the hospital. I was just in the car a minute ago, yet here I sit on a paper sheet laid over a bed.

I let out a heavy sigh, releasing breath I didn't even realize I was holding.

I want to sleep.

I want to rest.

I'm so tired.

Yet I have to sit here in a bright room and wait for a stupid doctor.

"Thomas?" a sweet voice spoke, it definitely wasn't the school nurse's.

I looked up, assuming that was me since that's what the nurse had called me.

"Hello Thomas, I'm here to help you out. You can call me Ms. Ellie."