Everyday

TW/CW : memory issues, doctor mentions

Another day of school. I don't remember getting here- again. It's just so confusing. Everyone else could remember getting up and brushing their teeth so easily.

But I don't.

"Thomas!"

"Huh- what?"

"Zoning out again?"

"I guess, sorry sir."

"Do you feel alright, Thomas?"

"I think so."

"How about you head down to the nurse's office?"

I sigh and nod. I guess this happens a lot more often than I notice. I felt stares following me as I left the classroom, mumbling to myself. I heard soft whispers echoing around the classroom before I shut the door behind myself.

I made my way down the silent halls and through the door of the nurse's office.

"Here again Thomas?"

"Again?"

"You were here yesterday."

"Oh."

"Oh? Thomas I think I'm going to have to send you to a doctor of some sort. This has all gotten so out of hand."

"I'm sorry. I'm not sure why it happens. My mom wouldn't want to pay for a doctor though."

"Then I'll pay for it. I'm worried for you Thomas."

Her words shocked me. She stood there resting her hand on my shoulder and looking straight into my eyes. I simply gulped and nodded, too scared to speak.

I'm terrified. I'm worried. I'm sorry.

I feel terrible.

I'm making everyone worry about me just because I can't remember a few things.

Why can't I remember?