𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

the soft tunes from the radio played in the car, mostly english songs playing

eun lightly hummed along, confidently singing the english lyrics in her head.

"mi-zhen." the deep voice called. eun turned her head to her father who was silently driving before.

eun's father was the only one (including his side of the family) to call her by her chinese name as she preffered her korean name tho she was born in china.

"yes, appa?" she replied. the chinese male sighed as he glanced at his daughter momentarily before gazing at the road again.

"mi-zhen, where were you the past weekend?" eun froze at the sudden question and tried to dig in her brain for any ramdom lie or something.

"uh...well, i was at a b-boyfriend's house." she bit her lower lip. her dad hummed.

"ah, so you have a boyfriend?" eun tensed up and nervously nodded her head, looking down at her lap.

"what's his name?"
"lee donghyuck but everyone calls him haechan."

eun's father hummed again and nodded in understanding. eun didn't like his silent response, it made her feel nervous.

eun's father then sighed, "mi-zhen, i'm not upset that you have a boyfriend, i just feel like you should've told me."

"s-sorry, dad." she apologized in mandarin. eun's dad didn't reply and kept his eyes on the road.

"mi-zhen, you know i want what's best for you. i don't want you to get hurt by a random guy i don't know. i must know who he is and his location so i can hunt him down if he hurts you."

eun couldn't help but giggle at what her father said, him lightly laughing aswell.

"no but seriously, if he ever hurts you, let me know. i want to protect you, you're my youngest daughter." he gave her a small smile.
"and i must meet him soon. for dinner or something."

eun didn't object and nodded in understanding. he has done this for her two past boyfriends and he had warned her about them. he ended up right, making eun think he's psychic or something.

just then, he dad stopped by the familiar building called school. or in eun's dictionary, hell.

"okay, dad. don't worry though, hyuck would never hurt me so you don't have to worry about that. he's genuine." she smiled at the chinese male as she grabbed her backpack.

he just hummed with a nod. eun leaned over and kissed her dad's cheek before exiting the vehicle.

i just hope you're right, mi-zhen.

___

"eun!"

the sudden shout for her name made eun jump and turn to see who was calling for her.

"hyuck?" he smiled at her and pulled her into his embrace. she froze but eventually hugged him back.

"hyuck, are you okay? you're acting weird." she asked as she looked up at him. he shook his head and pressed their foreheads against eachother, leaning in and nuzzling her nose with his.

eun let out a confused laugh at his weird behaviour but still wrapped her arms around his and lightly pecked his lips.

finally pulling away, eun turned to the other boys standing not too far from them, chatting away.

"hey, boys!" she smiled as a greeting. the boys just glanced at her and let out a 'hey' with a monotone, uninterested voice.

the only one who actually greeted eun with some kind of enthusiasm is jaemin who gave her his infamous charming smile which eun returned.

did i do something wrong? they seemed annoyed of me.

"so babe," haechan said as he leaned against the locker next to eun's, arms folded as he watched his girlfriend take out her books. she let out a hum in response, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

"i'm throwing a party on friday night and i wanted you to tag along." eun raised her eyebrows at the request.

the thing is, eun has never been to a party. though it may not seem like it, eun took school very seriously and always had her nose in a book. she use to be a very good student and always got outstanding marks. her mother always told her to get good grades and go to a good university and get her dream job. her mother always encouraged her to study and not mess around with boys cause 'they're a waste of time' and you'll get your heart broken sooner or later.

that all changed when she met haechan. she felt this surge of excitement when they did something scandalous in the gym and then she cheated on her first test then the haechan thing again.

"sorry, i won't be able to make it. we have a test on monday and i can't afford to fail." eun said. haechan frowned at her answer and furrowed his eyebrows.

"so you're gonna spend your weekend studying? that's boring, babe."

eun didn't really have a choice. if she failed yet another test (especially a maths one) her parents would bite her head off.

"i'm sorry, hyuck." she apologized.
"come on~ don't be such a party-pooper, eun. just one party. it'll be out first together."

the light brown-haired female bit her lower lip as she thought. it can't be that bad, right? just one party. i'll study on saterday or something.

"ugh...fine" she sighed.

"yes!" haechan threw a fist in the air before hugging eun and placing a kiss on her lips.

"we're still here, you know!" they heard renjun shout.

my exams start in a week 🤧might not be as active but i'll try update the best i can!

might not be as active but i'll try update the best i can!

have an amazing day <3