𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

the whole night felt like a blur

one second she was enjoying her time with seungmin and the next she's in the hospital because her father suddenly fainted.

eun felt sick to her stomach imagining what could be wrong with her father.

the doctors rushed him into the e.r and now he layed in a bed of the open hospital room, curtains being the only thing giving them privacy.

"hm, by the looks of it your father has a very high fever, not a cold. his temperature is too high." the doctor said, placing the stethoscope on his chest listening to his heartbeat.

"and his heartbeat is way too slow. he's having trouble breathing." he explained, now hooking him to some type of mask in order for him to control his breathing.

the doctor soon left and a nurse took her place instead.

eun stood there, hands over her mouth still in shock that her father is in this situation.

please be okay, dad.

"if he stays hooked like this, i'm sure he should be fine." the nurse informed. "does he have a wife perhaps? your mother?"

"my parents are divorced, so my dad is single. my mom's in america at the moment. my older sister is in uni now." eun said.

a sigh followed after from the nurse. "in that case, i'll just tell you. your father shouldn't be too bad. very bad fever and trouble breathing but he should be able to be discharged by tomorrow morning if his condition gets better."

eun sighed in relief and thanked the nurse before collasping in the seat near her father's bed.

she seemed worried and stressed which was easily noticed by seungmin.

he suddenly got up from his seat and soon came back with a gimbap roll and strawberry flavoured milk. eun's favourite.

"here." he offered her. eun's dull eyes sparkled seeing food and gave a tired yet grateful smile to seungmin.

the two sat in silence once again, the only noise being her father's beeping machines around him and their sips of their drinks.

"hey seungmin, i never asked. why did you come back to korea?" the question made seungmin press his lips in a thin line before replying.

"my mom has cancer as you know and it suddenly got worse the past year so she suggested we move to korea because her best doctor is here so we moved, her condition hasn't gotten any better- worse actually and we're back to square one."

eun frowned at his explaination. she knew since they were in middle school that seungmin's mom had stage two cancer ever since she was diagnosed. that's the sole reason they moved to the states, because her condition was worse and they needed "better" doctors.