twenty eight

july 26, 2020
JJ HAD CALLED MEL AND TOLD HER TO BE READY IN 10.
She did light makeup, combed her hair and put on a bikini top with shorts, it was 97 degrees outside. She brushed her teeth and put shoes on. There was a knock on the door and she smiled. Mel ran downstairs and saw taylor walking towards the door. "dont open it!" she yelled and taylor raised a brow. "why not?" she asked back. "cause its not for you" mel smirked and taylor scoffed and walked away. Melody opened the door and jj smiled at her, "you look pretty" he kissed her lips. God i could get used to this, she thought and grabbed her wallet. "you look very handsome" she complimented, he was wearing a sage green tshirt with his favorite shorts.
They walked down the steps and he pulled out a helmet and placed it on her head, and buckled it. "where we going?" she questioned and he smiled. "its a surprise" he chuckled. She wrapped her arms around his waist as he drove down the streets.
After a few minutes he pulled into a parking lot for their favorite ice cream parlor. She smiled as he took of the helmet and patted her helmet hair down.
The two walked in the shop, hand in hand both with smiles on their faces. Jj ordered and paid, ignoring her request let her pay half.
They ate their ice cream on the walk to the beach, swinging their hands back and fourth.

The teenagers sat down in the sand, watching kids run in and out of the water. Jj put his legs around her body and his chest was against her back. She leans into his touch and he kisses her head. "this feels right" jj admits and melody smiles, "yeah it does." she agreed

The two went to the chateau after their date and told the pogues. John b threatened jj that if he hurt melody, he would beat him up. Pope gave them both hugs and kie got beer for everyone to celebrate.