Business in History (Ron Weasley)

So this came a little later than expected since our hell wee- hell month has started so I'm kinda busy but like I always say, I'll still try to post :)

***

Why was it that I always seemed to run into my old classmates at the most inconvenient times? Why was I not warned that the auror that would be assisting me in my business with MACUSA would be a Weasley? The boy that I had so publicly confessed to and then had been so publicly given rejection as an answer?

"Weasley"

"Estella" He says, clearly shocked that I was his chosen partner for the trip with MACUSA

"Well we're going to be working together for quite some time, so I suggest that we try to move on from the events of the past" I cleared as I walked to the other side of the table and sat beside my old partner whilst Weasley sat parallel to us beside Potter and the Head of Aurors at the head chair.

"Well seeing as you're the one speaking of the past, I'd say that you're the one who can't move on" He winces when Potter hits his arm. Potter always did know better.

"Are you sure you can both work together? There seems to be some personal vendetta between the two of you and I really don't need the both of you messing up our business with MACUSA" The Head of Aurors announced, sounding strict as ever but still curious.

"Of course ma'am. We can certainly be professional" I assured. She nodded before waving us off. I quickly get to my feet and walk out the door before Weasley and I try cut our throats off. Why was he even snobby! The whole ordeal was his fault!

With that small encounter, I have made up my mind that I wasn't going to be talking to Weasley unless it was absolutely needed. I wasn't trying to be unprofessional, but with my temper and him being him; we weren't going to get any work done.

"Speaking of Weasley," Ernie nods to behind me "There he is. You know I really don't understand how you like him" Ernie shakes his head the moment I get up to my feet to greet the youngest male Weasley.

"You can't choose who your heart beats for, Ernie" Susan giggles as I walk over to the Gryffindor table. This scenario wasn't anything new. I'd eat breakfast at the Hufflepuff table then once Ron, Potter, and Hermione get here, I continue my breakfast at their table.

A few Gryffindors see my approach and instantly make room for me to sit across the three.

"G'morning Ron, Potter, Hermione" I greeted, taking a seat and plating myself some food How was your sleep?"

"It was good, thank you for asking" Hermione replied. She really was very welcoming to me. She always tried to include me in everything they've done. Maybe it's 'cuz there's finally another female that could rival the testosterone in their group

"Hey, you good? You seem a little out of it" Ernie comments whilst he looked for a table. Finding a table, we take a seat and start ordering. This was routine we had. Normally, we'd have Cedric with us but a few creatures that he managed got lost in the ministry and his team was still going through trouble to find them.

"Yeah, it's just I was partnered with Weasley for a mission" I explained and instantly his face scrutinized. He had been there at the scene of the crime so Merlin only knows how bad he must feel for me.

"Yikes! Sorry mate"

"It's fine. It was a long time ago. I'll be fine as long as he doesn't test my sanity" A few seconds of silence pass by and it looked like he was analyzing something.

"So basically you're dead?" Helga, I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry because he made an absolute point in that short sentence.

"I think so" I laughed as I downed my whole glass of wine. I'm gonna have to drink a lot of these once we reach Manhattan.