Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice (Bill Weasley)

***

When I had taken over the family business after Hogwarts, I really hadn't expected it to be this stressful. I mean as a kid I loved to bake and it was practically something that I'd do when I wasn't in class. I even use to sneak into the kitchens and help the elves make sweets for the next meal. I used to take pleasure in it and now - I mean, I still do, but it certainly is draining when you get orders from a lot of wizards and witches.

I was at the back of the bakery, icing the last bit of a cake and putting it in the fridge. The cake was for a baby gender reveal and the friend of the wizarding couple had asked me to make everything on the outside white, and make the inside pink, indicating that it was a baby girl. Hearing the bell of the shop ring, I shout out a quick 'hold on' as I cleaned my hands then went to the front of the shop.

"Weasley" I spoke, surprised to see the oldest Weasley standing in my shop with a beautiful witch beside him.

"Anderson" he says, shocked by my presence as well "I didn't know you worked here"

"Oh no, my parents own the place then passed it down to me after we graduated from Hogwarts" I explain as he slowly nods. He realizes something before introducing me to the witch that stood beside him

"Anderson, this is my fiance, Fleur. Darling, this is Anderson. She was my classmate back in Hogwarts, but we were in different houses" I watched as she nodded and held her hand out which I quickly shook

"Yeah, I was a Hufflepuff, so the interaction between us was limited to a few greetings at the corridors and a few words exchanged in classes" I laugh.

"Yes - em, it iz' alwayz' nice to meet a friend of Bill's" She says in a french accent.

"Oh! I love your accent" I say before I could stop it. I had always found France as an intriguing place and it had always been a dream of mine to visit there.

"Thank you. Not a lot of people think so" she shyly laughs.

"Alright then," I clap my hands together and usher them to sit on one of the couches at the shop "What can I help you with? Need a cake? cupcakes? normal bread? cake pops? push-up cakes? truffles? donut? Whatever you need, I can make" I say with a laugh. It was what I usually say to most of my customers, although silently praying that they don't make me bake all that stuff, since I'd just be better off living in the kitchen if so.

They laugh a bit before Fleur starts talking, "Yes, we need a cake for 'ze wedding and a few cupcakes, and some other treats for the guests" Ok, I mean so far so good. It's the usual thing couples asked for in a wedding. Now, I just need to know the amount of people that would be in the wedding.

"And how many guests will there be?" I say, writing down quick details on my notepad that hung on the pocket of my apron "Oh it's for me to understand and estimate the amount of sweets I'll be making" I quickly explain when they look at me confusedly

"Oh um around 50 to 100" Bill spoke slowly and I freeze. I've had bigger orders before, but this was just the welcoming call for a back ache. I nodded as I continued to write on the note pad "You could come if you had 'ze time" Fleur quickly added as she rummaged in her purse and pulled out a vintage-looking brown envelope. It was their wedding invitation.

"Oh um, thank you. I'll be sure to drop by if I'm free" I laugh "Now on to the wedding cake. Let's talk about the details. Flavors - for the icing and and cake itself -, the design you guys would want, and particular wishes you want the cake to have, and the size and amount of layers" I finish with a smile before laughing at how lost Bill looked and how slightly horrified Fleur looked