Chapter 1: Sukuna

Sukuna HATED people. They were loud, annoying, and most of all. Dumb. All they would do was talk and fall in love.

Pathetic humans, He thought with a scoff.

His eyes scanned the crowd with a cold precision only achieved by a curse king. He scoffed again as a young human helped an older one cross the street.

Kindness was probably the human's only downfall. They were selfish enough to survive in a curse's world, yet they had that bit of compassion. That would kill them.

He watched another pair of humans wrap around each other seductively.

Oh, poor foolish humans, He chuckled lowly.

All they thought about was reproducing. Sure, that was on Sukuna's mind, but never for offspring. Children were the worst of humankind. Grimy little monsters who longed for affection. Sukuna shuddered at the thought.

An errant human bumped into him and muttered an apology. It was a man with tawny hair and a petite build.

"You stupid human, can't you watch where you are going?" He snapped, his voice cold and distant, void of any human emotion. The man looked up at him with frightened eyes.

"I-I, I'm sorry, I didn't see you." He stammered out as he shrunk in front of the king's 6'3" build.

"Well, that was obvious. What do you take me for? A newborn babe?" His voice rose in mock anger, though he really felt nothing at all.

"I-I no. No, sir." He said again, starting to inch away.

Yes, scuttle away small human worm.

He turned his unusual red eyes away from the retreating human to look back out at the crowd. His eyes caught on a pair of humans fighting. He grew excited at the thought of bloodshed.

His eyes grew wide at hearing a pained yell. Not in worry, surprise, or concern. No, his eyes widened out of excitement. Suffering was Sukuna's favorite. Especially human suffering.

He picked up the pace to get to the front of the crowd. His arms moved to push the last few people out of the way as he looked up expectantly. When his eyes reached the two, he froze. One of them made everything stop. His mind, his feet, his breath, his arms, everything.