Chapter 4: You

Because you had been unable to move, you were picked up by a friend of your brother. You knew who he was, so when your eyes cracked open in a strange car, you didn't flip out as you would have.

"Itadori?" You ask, seeing a flash of pink hair in the seat in front of you.

"Omg, y/n. You're awake." His voice sounded awash with relief. You sit up slightly and wince. You had one killer headache.

"Where are we going?" You ask quietly, not wanting to further worsen your headache.

"We're going to the hospital." He says, turning into the hospital parking lot.

"No, Ita. Megumi and I can't afford it, and you know it." You protest, trying to convince him to turn the car around.

"No, you are going, and that's final. Megumi and I will find a way to pay for it." He had seen you get beat against the concrete, well, only the end. He had seen enough from then to know what had happened earlier.

"But Ita," You start to protest, but he stops you.

"No, y/n. You were unconscious when I carried you away. You're going to the hospital." His voice saved no more room for argument. You close your mouth and sit back in the seat. Passing a bright parking lot light, you wince and suck in a quick pained breath.

"We're almost there," Itadori assured me. You gave him a quick nod and sat back in the seat. He pulled into an empty spot and jumped out of the driver's seat. He walked around to your door quickly and opened it.

"Come on, I'll carry you." He said, holding out his arms for you to climb into. Crawling over to him, you clamber into his arms.

"Thank you, Ita." You say drowsily. Your eyes start to droop as you are cradled in safe, comfortable arms.

"Hey, hey. Y/n, you can't fall asleep." Itadori said, smacking your cheek lightly to keep you awake.

"But Ita, I'm tired," Your voice comes out slowly as if a wad of peanut butter was stuffed in your mouth.

"I know, but you can't go to sleep." He had almost reached the front desk now. You give up on trying to talk to him. It takes too much concentration.

"Hello, sir! How can I help you?" A bright nurse asks, staring at Itadori's handsome face.

"My sibling here," He gestured with his head at me. "They got mugged, and their head hit the ground pretty hard. They're pretty out of it now. Could you check them for a concussion?" He was lying about you being siblings, but you didn't care. He hung out with you so often he was practically your brother.

"Oh my goodness!" She exclaimed as she saw my half-conscious self. "Yes, it looks like they have a concussion. We'll get a doctor and a test right away." She said, nodding. "First, I'm going to need some of their basic information." She asked the usual questions asked at a doctor's office. "Alright, we'll take them from you." She said, gesturing to set me down.

"I can carry her?" Itadori offered, not wanting to let me go.

"I'm sorry, honey, but you can't." She said, gesturing again for him to put you down. Grudgingly, he put you down.

"Whoa, Ita." You whimpered as you got a head rush, and swayed on your feet. The nurse was the one who steadied you.

"Come on hun, let's go see the doctor." She said, leading you down a long hallway.