Chapter 5: Sukuna

Sukuna had a good guess that his human was at the hospital. He had seen how they had been treated, and he knew they had a concussion. There was no way they didn't.

I wonder if they are ok? His mind went over thousands of different ways that his human could be hurt. He hated it. All he could think about was seeing their head slam against the concrete. He shuddered at the memory.

Sukuna froze. Why was he shuddering at the thought of pain? Normally pain excited him to no end, but when it came to this human, he wanted to prevent it at all costs.

He walked into the hospital and looked around for the fragile human. Not seeing them, he let out a frustrated breath. His dark-red eyes frantically searched the lobby for the man who had picked up the human. His eyes caught on the short pink hair of the human, and he rushed over.

"Where are they?" He asked breathlessly, his eyes wide with nerves. Itadori stared at him strangely.

"Where's who?" He asked confused, his eyebrow raising. Sukuna collected himself and straightened.

"The person you brought here," Sukuna said schooling his tone into impassiveness. Itadori watched him warily.

"Why do you want to see y/n?" He asked, his eyes narrowing in skepticism. Sukuna scoffed and looked around the lobby.

"I just want to see them." His voice took on a vulnerable edge. He just wanted to see that they were safe. Itadori stared for a second before nodding.

"Fine, but only because you defended them," Itadori said, going to sit down on a seat. Sukuna went to stand by the door, keeping his eyes on the nurses bustling about.

"Itadori Yuji?" A nurse called from the reception counter. Itadori popped up and strode over to the counter. Sukuna watched as they exchanged words, and started toward them as the nurse lead Itadori to go see y/n.

Reaching the room, Sukuna held back. He let Itadori go to see the small human before he even approached the door. There was muffled talking as they saw each other. Sukuna waited quietly as they spoke.

Before long, Itadori came out and gestured for Sukuna to go into the room. Sukuna pushed off the wall and walked over to the door. He grew nervous as he stepped inside and saw the small person in the hospital bed. 

"So, you're the one who defended me?"