1: The Drama

Annabeth POV

It's kind of embarrassing to have to correct your teacher. However, Ms. Dodds was being incredibly stupid about how she was solving the Calculus questions. She tried the question three times and failed to get the right answer.

As I finished the integral on the board, Ms. Dodds glared at me. Her raging eyes burned into my back, but I didn't care.

"Ms. Chase, nobody likes a know-it-all. DETENTION," Ms. Dodds commanded.

"But, I didn't do anything wrong. I simply solved the problem that you were struggling with," I snapped back.

I was literally helping her with something that she should be able to do. It wasn't my fault that she couldn't do her job. The others students stared at me with wide eyes. They couldn't believe that I was fighting with Ms. Dodds, who held the reputation for being the meanest teacher at Good High School.

My friend's gaze bore into me. Piper was quietly telling me to stop talking and come back to my seat. However, I was smart and strong. I wasn't going to accept defeat that easily.

"I don't care, Ms. Chase. You will serve detention today, and that's final. Now, go back to your seat before I extend the punishment," she barked. Her old, wrinkly face constricted as she growled.

Old hag, I thought as I walked back to my seat.

I carefully maneuvered my way through the rows of desks before sitting next to Piper. Ms. Dodds continued her lesson. Much to my disappointment, she continued to make mistakes.

However, I restrained myself from speaking up. As much as I wanted to, I didn't want another detention.

Gods, this would be my first detention ever, which only sparked my anger. I didn't deserve it, and it was really pissing me off. If I wasn't at school, my pride would've skyrocketed to the point where I would be freely cursing at Ms. Dodds.

"I'm so sorry, Annabeth. The old cow is awful once again," Piper whispered.

I sighed. Piper was always supportive of her friends, and we all appreciated it. "It's all right, Piper. It wasn't your fault or anything. I'm just disappointed."

"My sister told me some interesting news. Gods, we're in for a bunch of drama during lunch," Piper expressed.

Before I could clarify her words, the bell rang loudly. Time for lunch. I guess that I'll just find out what's going on.

The hallway was packed with students as Piper and I maneuvered our way through Goode High's hallways. I was pushed a few times and almost fell over once. The high school hallways sucked.

Whoever designed our high school sucked.

Modestly speaking, I could do so much better with designing the architecture of Goode High. I had already designed another floor plan for my school. Designing buildings and monuments was something that I loved doing in my free time.

After all, I aspire to be an architect.

"Annabeth, I need to stop by my locker," Piper acknowledged.

Her boyfriend, Jason, was waiting in front of her locker with his buddies (Leo, Frank, and the Stolls). They shared a quick kiss as his friends whistled and teased.

"Ugh, grow up guys," I countered at them jokingly.

Jason and Piper were very cute together, and I was happy for them. I liked Jason a lot. However, he did have one downside: his choice of friends (specifically, one friend).

I hated Percy Jackson.

He was an all-around player, who simply dated and dumped random girls. To him, everything was about sex and nothing else. He even tried to pick me up once. Automatic reject.