2: The Cancer

Percy POV

The day only got better when I noticed that Annabeth was in detention. I could certainly have fun right now. I confidently walked through the empty classroom towards her. 

"I didn't expect to see Annabeth Chase in detention," I commented slyly. 

She didn't bother looking up from her math homework. I sat at the desk next to her and gazed at her blonde hair. She had nice, curly hair that gave the fragrance of lemons. Surprisingly, it wasn't in the usual ponytail today. 

Annabeth ignored me completely as she continued her calculus. The symbols and numbers swirled around in my mind, and I had to look away. 

I reached forward and gently placed my hand on her arm. 

That's when Annabeth finally looked up. Her storming gray eyes locked onto my sea-green ones. This wasn't my first time pulling this move. However, it was my first time getting caught off guard by the girl's eyes. 

Her gray eyes weren't light. They were dark and intimidating. They resembled storm clouds with sparks of white lightning. Stunning. Sexy. 

"You have very pretty eyes," I whispered. 

"Stop it," she screeched as she swatted my hand away. "Stop doing that. Stop doing whatever you're doing with your eyes." 

"What am I doing?" I asked innocently. 

Her face constricted with anger. Even so, she was very pretty. "Don't touch me or look at me. All of your little tricks will not work on me, you asshole," Annabeth snapped. 

"Oh, Wise Girl, if I wanted you, I'd already have you," I commented while leaning back. I missed her close presence, but a smirk still played on my face. 

"Yeah, right," she muttered as she rolled her eyes. 

Annabeth took her homework and backpack and moved to the desk that was farthest from my own. "Don't come closer," she commanded. 

I chuckled as I watched her retreating figure. Dam, she has good body proportions. It was very fun to get Wise Girl all riled up. I liked fighting with her because our interactions were always interesting. 

I stood up again and started walking over with a bright smile. 

"I said don't come closer. You hurt one of my closest friends, and I want nothing to do with you," Annabeth expressed. 

I paused and sat down again. 

Rachel Elizabeth Dare was my latest girlfriend. I knew that she was probably hurt by my sudden decision to break up with her. To be honest, Rachel was a nice girl, but she was getting too connected to me. 

I always make myself clear to my girlfriends. We'd be fine as long as our relationship stayed purely physical. I even stayed loyal in terms of my physical relationships. That is, I only had physical relationships, but it was always with one girl at a time. I made sure of that because personal loyalty is very important to me. 

I silently gazed at Annabeth, who was reading a history textbook now. 

Rachel was Annabeth's friend, so it made sense for her to hate me. However, I was only trying to save Rachel from later pain. I liked her but not enough to be with her. 

I decided to leave Annabeth alone because I didn't want to talk about Rachel or the nature of my relationships. I have my reasons for how I lead my dating life. 

Instead, I pulled out my phone. I was debating between Candy Crush and Temple Run, two of my favorite games. 

Candy crush it is. As always, I got hungry while playing the game.