Marcus

"Oh my god, I'm breaking out!" I yell as I examine my face up close in a mirror. I turn to my roommate, "Ethan, look at me, I'm hideous!"

Ethan sighs before pausing his game that he was losing at, and faces me. He squints his eyes, "where are you breaking out?"

"Are you kidding me?! Do you not see this Mount Everest of a zit on my chin!" I exclaim, pointing at my chin.

An eyebrow goes up as he questions, "You mean the one tiny red dot?"

"Yes!" And I go back to looking at my face. I make a whiny noise.

"Ya' know, some people have real acne problems."

I look back at Ethan, bewildered that he's even say something so insensitive to me, "Well when I never break out and then see a huge zit on my face, excuse me for freaking out! The only other time I broke out was after Reid rejected me!"

Ethan laughs, "you have break up zits?"

I groan, "Oh my god! What if they don't go away until I'm over Monty?! That'll never happen," I whine.

"Or maybe it'll go away after you fix your relationship with Monty."

I slouch onto the floor, feeling sorry for myself, "My relationship with Monty is un-rekindle-able."

"You know that's not a word. And Monty likes you, Preston, probably the only person who can put up with your shit for longer than an hour. You barely tried to win them back."

"Hey!" I stand up, "fuck you, I tried," I point to my chest.

"Not hard enough. You hurt Monty, but they're not over you. But if you wait around, they will get over you. Do you want them to get over you?"

"Of course not!" Monty getting over me? My heart plummets just thinking about that. Oh god, what if they've already moved on! I can't lose Monty. They're perfect; they understand me. They're funny, and beautiful, and intelligent. (And really fucking good in bed, I mean, you should see Monty's dick. But that's besides the point). They're the only person I think about. I just want to be with Monty every second of every day. Them getting over me is not an option.

"Good. So figure it out. Now, leave me alone, so I can get back to my game. And don't mess with that zit, it'll go away. You'll only make it worse!" And he pulls his headset back over his ears and continues playing video game.

"Hey! You never told me how to fix it!" I shout. Ethan pretends he doesn't hear me. I sigh and collapse onto my bed.

How do I fix things with Monty?

*

The Coven has half the amount of people as there were a few Friday nights ago. Which makes sense considering it's a Thursday and their drag shows aren't till tomorrow.

But I'm not here to party or drink (not that I could being 18. Bullshit American laws). I'm here to find... I scan the room and spotted him, Marcus. He's near the mini stage that has a stripper pole in the middle. He looks to be fixing a light.

I walk up to  him. "Um, hey, Marcus, right?" I stupidly ask even though I know his name, I just don't know how to start this.

Marcus turns around, looks me up and down, and then returns to what he's doing while saying, "boy, I know you did not just come into my club. Nuh-uh, you can show your ass to the door."

"Wait," I plead, "I need your help, you know Monty better than I do."

"Damn right," Marcus begins twisting a light bulb into the light fixture.

"So help me fix things. What I did to Monty was wrong, I know that, but-"

"What did you do to Monty?" Marcus asks, finally turning around. "Actually, I don't want to know. None of my business. You can go now," he walks away- the light bulb fixed- and goes toward the back.

I follow him, "Marcus, what I did was fucked up, but Sharon fucked it up first. She got in my head."

Marcus stops and turns around. "Monty's mom?" I nod, then he continues, "She's the worst, you should've heard what she said to my brother when Ashley and him started dating." I assume Ashley is Monty's older sister. "She tried splitting them up so many times."

"Well, she succeeded with us. She lied to me. She made me think Monty was failing out of college and I was distracting them, so I broke it off. But I handled it in a terrible way and now I fucked everything up. Help me, what do I do?"

Marcus sighs, "I shouldn't help you. If Monty doesn't want to speak to you that's between you and them... but I know how Sharon can be, and... I might know a way that'll get Monty talking to you again."

**

Last chapter coming soon :,)
Thank you for reading!!

-Xoxo, Bert

Uncontrollably Yours On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara