LEALTÀ -Chapter twenty-nine

Chapter Twenty-nine. There's no way back.

Kimberly Casey
____

I woke up with a big weight on me. I looked down and saw Nicola hugging me...big bear. It made me blush and my heart warm. And the flashbacks from yesterday didn't make it easier...

"Why is your heart beating like crazy, tesoro?" He suddenly speaks up. I jump a little as I didn't know he was awake...

"Oh, Goodmorning." I say. He looks up and good god he looks like a god....I lick my lips and his eyes follow my tongue.

"Mhmm I remember those." He crawls back up, and kisses me on the lips. I kiss him back, and I caress my hand on his cheek. "You felt really good." I say out. He chuckle and looks me in the eyes. "You do too. And taste really good too." He says, and travel down his hand between my thighs. I squirm and pull my legs together. He chuckles, his green eyes lightning up. He's gorgeous.

"We need to get up. Time for breakfast!" He gives me a kiss on the forhead and sits up. I look at his back, the sun from the windows making his body more visible. Goosebumps comes on my whole body, as I recall that night. The night Adam died. The night I killed Adam Constatino. Nicola looks back at me, but he realises my face expression, and look into my eyes with worry.

"Baby, you alright?" His accent showing. Making me smile again. "Yes. I just-..."

"You can talk to me. Talk to me, tesoro." He sits back down in front of me, and takes my hand in his big, warm hand. I inhale a big breath before I speak.

"I was so afraid to lose you, Nicola. The sight of you, being drenched in all that blood, when he cut you...on your body, in your face. " I look up at him, feeling sadness wash over me. He caress my cheek. And gives me a weak smile.

"Miele...it takes much more to kill me." He says.  His green eyes looking into my own.
(Honey)

"Does it?" I ask. "Nicola. You did almost die that night. You might like to think you're immortal. But you aren't, you can die too. And that is what makes me break into thousands of pieces. I can't- I won't let you die because of me. " I lower my voice trying to swallow my sadness. His eyebrows are furrowed and his lips is downturned.

"Listen to me, Miele. I was born into this life. You weren't. This is my duty, I'm responsible for you, and everyone downstairs. I would sacrifice myself for everyone, especially you. I made that promise to your father, and to myself. And I love you...I would never let you go. Not even if I died. " he resure me. I nod my head and I give him a tight hug.

"Let's go downstairs. I think it's time to meet people." He says and gives me a kiss.

_

"So let me get this right...you all knew my father?" Ask them with shock in my body.

"Yes. " Angelo says and gives me a smile. His brown eyes in a hopeful look. He rakes his hand through his blue hair.

"He was a warrior, into the last. And he did everything in his power to protect his princess and his queen. But as they say...a king will fall with his queen." Kian says, and takes a bite of his bread. It's so nice to hear good things about my father. I know he was so the best father...and more so, the best leader and boss.