LEALTÀ -Chapter thirty-three

Chapter thirty-three. Heaven calls it's angels.

Desta Castello
____

"I'm now Desta again. And it feels so good...finally. And after all these years I think I'm finally back to my old self." I tell Kimberly. We're alone in my office, drinking beers and just talking. Which I've never done before...

"My job with all of this shit is finished. But there is one thing I think that I need to talk about with you." I look up at her. My thumb circling around the opening on my beer bottle. Her eyes lit up. Looking at me, and a smal smile on her lips.

"It's about Assar." And the smile vanishes but her eyes is still on me. We don't break the eye contact. Her fingers grab the bottle harder but she tries to look confident and strong. Which I know she is in either way.

"I killed him. I gave him a slow death, just like he deserved. He will never bother or hurt you again. But I can't guarantee that he won't haunt you in your dreams or mind. But I will do everything in my power to make you feel safe, my darling..." she looks at me with watery eyes. And I swallow the lump in my throat, which she is too.

"Thank you, Desta." The name coming off of her tongue is making me feel happy. I give her a smile, as I bump my shoulder into hers.

"Hey, no need to thank me. I love you. You really are my everything. You are the only woman who's shown me real loyalty. In italian we call it Lealtà." I smile. She gives me a laugh and looks at me with lovingly eyes.

"I love you too. And you've shown me so much in this world. You taught me everything I know. The good and bad, but I will be forever thankful for it." I press my lips against hers. My hand on her cheek. I can hear my own heartbeat against my chest. We pull apart and I look at the godness in front of me. Good god what I would love to have a family with her...

"Desta...I've been thinking..." she says. And just like that, just like she could read my own thoughts she speak the words.

"I would- I would love to have children with you...and get married. Maybe move to, I don't know...greece! Or italy. Yeah...italy." She smiles. A tint of pink on her cheeks. My heart flutter at the words and the thoughts of mini Kim running around. An heir to my throne and a son I could teach footboll, a daughter I would need to scare away the boys with...

"Me too." She giggles and takes a sip of her beer.

"I would never have guessed a year ago that I would meet my king. My savior...my other half. But I guess the angels knew. Even though we both had to go through hell and god knows what. But we made it. And we will make through everything that comes in our way, together. As one." She says.

"Oh I love you." I say. I hold her hand.

"So then I do got one more question for you my love..." she looks at me with a anticipated look.

"Would you like to marry me? I want you to carry my last name." She looks at me with wide eyes, but before I could think anymore she's in my arms, hugging me close. Tears on her cheeks.

"Yes!! Yes Desta. I would love to be your wife." We kiss, and put our forheads against each other.

"Oh darling, you will not only be my wife. You will be my queen. The mother of my children." We kiss again, and just sit there, just the two of us in the dimmed light.

Just like I need it to be as long as I live from now on...

We sit like that for a few moments. Just small talking and just being in eachothers arms.

"Can I ask you something?" Kimberly says. Her finger under her lips, as she looks at me with curiosity and maybe hesitant to ask me the question. I nod and she speaks,

"Did you leave the neklace at Ally's grave?" She doesn't look upset or sad. Just hesitant and curious. I take a deep breath. I haven't been thinking of Ally ever since Ivanna's funeral...

"Yes. I can't keep chasing her shadows anymore. It's like...all these years- all these damn years and I couldn't even think about anything except her. What Adam did to her, them. But you know, life goes on. And when I met you I realized that , yes she was the woman of my life, at that time. But you're here now. Right now, and in front of me. I'm going to marry you and never let you go." I say honestly.

"Come on, I got something for you, my love." I stand up, and reach out my hand to Kimberly. She takes it with no doubt. We walk upstairs to our bedroom.

"What are you doing?" She whispers, as it's late and everybody else is sleeping. "Schh, just follow me." I say. A smile on my lips.

We get inside and I open the door into the walking closet. I open a box that's in the corner. Where I keep the most important accessories.

"Here." I pull out the neklace and let it dangle on my fingers in front of her. As she inspects it, her fingers grazing it as she tries to read it. The golden neklace with the text on a smal ingrave on it. She read it quietly for herself.

"Read it out loud, for me." She looks up at me and says what it says on it.

"Lealtà."

"That's right, darling. Loyalty. The word I live for. Without Loyalty, I wouldn't be standing here today. Without your father," I walk behind her, putting the neklace on her neck. I pull her hair to the side as I pinch the opening and the little hole together.

"Without Angelo, Kian...you. " I pull her hair back and stand in front of her again. Her looking up at me with her big, dove eyes.

"You've saved me so many times. Now..." I place my hand on her cheek.

"Let me save you. Everyday. Away from your nightmares, from the sick memories. Away from the bad in this world...even though I am one of the monsters myself." I chuckle, grazing my thumb on her cheek. She smiles and looks at me with amaze. Just the way I look at her.

"I love you, Desta Castello."

"I love you, Kimberly Castello."

Kimberly giggles and pulls me closer, into a passionate kiss. I feel all the love I've lost in my lifetime. Everything I've ever missed in a person, she makes me have it.

When life breaks you down to your knees, breaking every single hope in your body. Making you out of breath late at night as the anxiety is too much to handle...there will be moments where you wish you'd be dead...

But don't give up. Just because it hurts doesn't mean you're going to die. All heroes fall, kingdomes rise and kingdomes end, but in the end...

All we have is that tiny bit of hope left, somewhere in ourselves...

Keep going. It isn't over when you lose, it's over when you give up.

____

Thoughts?