LEALTÀ -Chapter thirty-five

Chapter thirty-five. Truth.

Desta Castello
____

I looked at myself in the mirror. I traced the scar that laid hidden behind the tattoo on my throat. Memories floading my mind back to the night it happened. The memory of me waking up at the hospital after, Sandro's look on his face. Men guarding me weeks after. Never letting their eyes off of me.

"Desta, come. We should get going!" Kimberly yelled from downstairs. We were going to a fancy resturant. Celebrating my birthday. I have no idea how I feel about it. But I know that I cherish every time with Kimberly.

"Coming!" I yelled back. I took one last glance in the mirror, before I walked out of the room, and down the stairs.

"You two look good! Have a great night!" Kian said as he walked by us. I wrapped my arm around Kimberly's waist, before we walked out of the mansion, to the car. We sat down, putting on some music but still in the type of volume that you could speak in.

"So where are you taking me, mr Castello?" I looked at her, taking my eyes off of the road for two split seconds. Starting to give her small hints to her favorite resurant. But I didn't have time.

"DESTA LOOK OUT!" I looked at the road, and a car were speeding right in front of us. I didn't even have time to think. I steered the car to our right, making us drive off the road, and right towards a tree. And then, I only heard glas breaking, and a sharp pain in my neck.

I could see straight for a minute. But the only thing that was on my mind was Kimberly. I looked to my right. She was okay.

"Kimberly, are you okay?!" I unfastened my seatbelt and took my hands on either side of her face.

"Yes, what the hell happened?!" She looked confused and at the same time scared. Her brown eyes were glossy with tears, but none escaped her eye. Blood were dancing down her eyebrow. I looked at her worried. I have no fucking idea...

"I don't know, love. Come on, we need to get out and call Kian." Just as I were going to step out of the car, I hear Kimberly scream.

"GET YOUR FILTFHY HANDS OFF ME!" I only felt a hard grip on my neck, and suddenly I was out of the car, my hands behind me. Looking straight over the car at Kimberly. A man I don't recognize held her in his arms. She looked scared. I only wanted to hold her and tell her everythings going to be fine.

"Finally. I get to meet the man who I've been wanting to see since the day I was born. The damn, Nicola Desta Castello. Or should I call you Desta?" The guy behind me laughed.

"No. You should call me Mr.Castello, you bastardo!" I turned around and punched the stranger right in his jaw. And he flew to the ground and blood dripping out of his mouth.

"I'LL SHOOT THE BITCH!" The man who held Kimberly said, pointing a gun at her head.

"Not if I kill you first!" I heard a voice behind me, and the man dropped dead on the concrete. Kimberly ran towards me, frightened.

"Kian!" Kimberly said. I looked behind me.

What the fuck is going on?!

"I don't have time to explain, come with me!" Kian took his hand on my shoulder and pushed me and Kimberly towards his car behind ours.