a new start

"now that she's awake, she's out of danger for now. She'll be weak for few days but don't worry about that, nothing healthy meal can't fix right?" Doctor said the last line looking at me. But I wasn't seem to be paying attention. I was just staring at the ceiling.

Mr. Stark who was listening to doctor very carefully, turns to me again who just woke up, still taking everything in.

"can we get some time alone?"

Doctor nods and leaves the room and Mr. Stark lets out a big sign and looks at me,

"kid?" Mr. Stark said loud enough for me to get my attention.

"please don't sleep again."

I let out a small smile hearing his humor again and take a deep breath.

"you know when you didn't wake up for 3 days we all thought you would...well never mind about that now.....welcome back kid."

My smile gets bigger upon hearing that, getting welcomed back by Mr. Stark is indeed the best welcome. If only I could speak and tell him how much I admire him as a father figure. I slowly move my fingers to my best try and expand my hand towards him, he gets my signal and sits down back on chair and holds my hand gently, making sure to not put too much pressure.

"....don't do that again."

I tighten my hold as my answer.

3rd POV

Steve walks through hallways, on his way out but come across a familiar person instead,

"Fury?"

"captain. I assume you're here for the same reason as Stark."

"thought she's like some company."

"she's a strong one, she'll make it out."

"she's still just a child."

"an extra ordinary one, at that. What happened was unfortunate, but she needed to make a choice, so she did."

"maybe that was too big of a responsibility to dump on her."

"it couldn't be help. Sooner or later, she had to come to a decision."

Suddenly Fury gets an update on his com,

"what?" Fury exclaims in surprise,

"I'll be there any minute." he turns to Steve,

"she's awake." He informs her and starts to walk away to hospital ward while Steve's eyes get wide from surprise and doesn't waste any minute to follow behind.

The door flies open quickly revealing Nick Fury and Steve who hurry inside to find the teen still laying on her bed peacefully holding Tony's hand, who was sitting besides her. They both turn their attention to the door. Fury and Steve glance at each other for two seconds before walking closer to her. Diya's movements were restricted due to her injury and the oxygen mask on her face so she just blinks in a 'I'm okay' manner.

Steve signs in relief and the girl tries to give him a soft smile which is hardly visible on her face.

"Solanki." Nick Fury says showing no emotions but glade to see her awake.

4 days later

Diya's POV

Mr. Stark kept visiting me everyday for last four days even after I woke up, he sat besides me, talking about his work, how his day went after he left the previous day, what is going outside this stupid boring room, trying to keep my mind off things. Who could have imagined I'd meet Tony Stark himself, and he would care that much about me. I finally got rid of that oxygen mask, and I could breath normally and sit up straight, but not without help of a support on my back. Mr. Stark said that I am in a stable enough condition to transfer. Where? to his house, at Malibu. Since Stark tower is in middle of changing into the Avengers tower. Until then I'll be living there under his care.

I wasn't sure if I would be able to tolerate these last four days here without losing my mind. My brain was going apeshit with all the overthinking. Thinking about what happened to me and what happened to my family back at home. Miss peper came to visit me too sometimes. She gave me best wishes and promised me to take me on a tour of the new York city once I'm all okay again.

Unlike before I wasn't able to work with Mr. Stark or find anything else to keep myself occupied to avoid overthinking this much, but now I was stuck at this stupid bed with nothing to do. On normal circumstances I love just sleeping on my bed all day long but now I want to move and get away as far as possible from this situation. But still, it was a little bit less crazy because after Mr. Stark would be gone for the day, others would keep me company.

Cap would come to visit me everyday too, and talk about how the city and it's people are doing a great job at uniting to rebuild the damaged place. Typical captain America. But also used to tell me to get well as soon as possible. I couldn't talk that much, it would drain my energy so I mostly used to hear. He even got me flowers. So cute. He asked me what my favorite flowers were first, stargazer lily. but I didn't think he'd actually get them the very next day. I asked him to tell me about his life back from fourties. He would tell me excitedly about his stories. I felt so happy hearing stories that were never mentioned in movies before. Guess he also wasn't expecting someone to be interested about his life before he took the serum and actually talk about his previous life to someone who was genuinely listening. He even talked about Bucky. He was happy and sad at the same time. Oh boy little did he know. It was so hard to not spill it out.

Even Nat used to come occasionally to check on me. She used to joke around and tell me about her job here, deep down she was also trying to find out why was I so interested in her before, when we first met at helicarrier. I will absolutely tell her why after I will be able to talk properly again.

Clint came two times to meet me with Nat. he was radiating father energy all the way. Actually being concerned because he saw me as a  'little child'. That's what he called me. Father instincts I guess.

Then there's Mr. Coulson who comes back every few hours to make sure I was okay and that my medication was taken care of properly and my treatment was going well. But being a SHIELD agent he didn't have that much time to stay but he used to make sure he spends his free time with me talking about anything. mostly cap and his trading cards but yeah there were other topics too.

And now finally the day of moving. Couldn't be more happier to leave a place. SHIELD is very cool and all but not when you're stuck inside the hospital ward all the time.

When I arrive at my new room in his Malibu house, let's just say....it was luxurious. And there was a beautiful view from my room that I could watch from my bed, I still can't walk on my own. But at least I can sit and move my limbs now.

"the nurse will take care of your medication and other than that if you need anything just call Jarvis or tell him to inform me. I'll be here 24/7.the glass window is open all day for you to look out, you can watch any movie you like anytime on this big screen, Just give Jarvis a call and he'll arrange everything for you."

"Thank you Mr. Stark. I don't think I'll ever be able to pay you back my gratitude."

"that old man taught you all this gratitude stuff in 4 days or something?"

"well, but it is true."

"listen kid....just get back on your feet again. Then we can go to that shawarma place we talked about." He says sitting on bed besides me.

"you remember?" I ask smiling.

"I'm a genius, I don't' forget stuff. Unless it's you, who probably has problem remembering birthdates and stuff. Tell me how many times you forgot your own birthday?"

I chuckle at his try to make me laugh again. His humor is what I wish everyone had.

"See, you're not denying."

"wh-...why would I forget my own birthday?"

"I don't know, that's a you problem." He says standing back up,

"now I have to go but I'll be back in 3 hours. Try not to miss me." He says smiling and walks out leaving me alone in my new room.

I look around the place trying to see every detail, then out of window to look at the beautiful view. It was indeed a peaceful start of the day.