longing for home

"is it not done yet daddy?" a little girl said. The girl looked around 7-8 years old and had dark black hair that went past her shoulders with dark brown, and she was also wearing a floral pink dress.

"just wait a little bit more, Lily darling." His father replied, who was about 25 years old, he was wearing a formal dress shirt and black pants. He was combing Lily's hair and trying to make a French braid while she waited impatiently.

"what's taking so long?"

"if we rush things it won't look perfect, we have to look good so we can meet mom."

"umm....daddy?"

"yes sweety."

"can we bring flowers for mommy again?"

"of course we can, we'll get Lilies, a lot of them."

"again?"

"yes, Lily means love. That's why she named you after them. She just knew you'd be as lovely as a lily."

"I love Lilies too."

"I know you do." He said smiling fondly at his precious daughter.

He finished braiding her hair then showed her a mirror,

"see, just like a beautiful bloomed Lily."

"I love it." She said grinning at herself in the mirror happy with the hairstyle her father made.

"come on, we'd get late to meet your mom." He said getting up and picking his daughter up before walking out of their home.

They both got inside the car and after the father was sure Lily was sitting safely he started driving. he was trying his best to hide the sadness in his eyes but he wasn't sure for how long, they stopped to a flower shop to buy the desired bouquet. After what felt like 20 minutes they got to a stop and got out of their car.

Lily was holding her father's hand tightly out of excitement, if she could she'd just leave his hand and run away to her mommy as fast as possible but she wanted to be with him when she meets her again. She was almost jumping getting impatient in her father's hand and he knew it. On his other hand was a bouquet of fresh white lily flowers. In less than a minute they got to their destination.

"mommy!!!!!" the little girls said leaving her father's hand running ahead,

His shoulder's got tense and his expressions turned sad looking where her daughter was running to. It's just painful every single time but he can't show it.

He looked at the grave stone of her late wife where Lily was already standing. He soon caught up to her and stood next to her,

"how are you Eve? Did we make you wait?"

"I'm sorry mommy, but daddy's not that good at making braids."

"yeah, but I'll learn it better you don't have to worry."

"we got your favorite flowers too."

He got down on his knees and wrapped his one arm around his daughter's shoulder and put the flowers down in front of the gravestone.

"you're so far away, my love." He said with saddened eyes, he signed and closed his eyes, trying to remember the sweet time they had together and the memories they made before parting ways. Ever since they took their vows on the wedding day, they could see the long happy life they longed of and it wasn't much, they just wanted to see each other again after returning home from a busy day of working, to hold each other in an embrace that would make them remember every day that they both have someone to go back to at the end of the day, that they have a home to return to. Both had a motivation in life to keep going even if things are hard, their bond only deepened when Lily entered their life with a smile. Their family was perfect but perfection doesn't last long as per say.