playing the spy

3rd POV

There was pindrop silence in the apartment, everyone present in the room were perhaps devastated beyond belief, but who could have blamed them? Learning that everything they ever stood up for in their life until now was fake.

Steve couldn't believe that his sacrifice went to vain, he left his previous life behind so his love and friends could live but was it really worth it after learning that his enemy still stands out there stronger than ever and he was working with them all along?

Natasha was rethinking her decision of joining SHIELD because she did it to bring a change, she was given a second chance in life and she thought she was doing it right all this time by being a part of SHIELD, but it was only a lie.

Both of them were sitting in silence taking their time to process their feelings and were too broke to say anything to each other or themselves. Staring at the table infront of them was the only thing they could do at the moment. Tony was trying his best to not look same but it was getting harder in this dark atmosphere around him.

All off them were stuck in a rather awkward situation and didn't know what to say anymore until Tony tried to lighten up the moon,

"you know your home is really boring, but I'm not exactly disappointed since this is exactly how I expected people in their 80's to live like."

Steve moved his attention to him but didn't know what to answer,

"....it's...comfortable to say the least."

"I guess we all can't have mansions for us." Natasha added.

"well that's true."

"Steve, it's time." Natasha said as both of the other guys looked up at her,

"alright, let's head out."

It was the time to start the plan and Steve got ready to enter Triskelion like he always does at any other normal day,

"do me a favor and don't mess it up, we only have one chance." Tony said as he was leaving the apartment.

"I know, and I'll get it done no matter what." Steve replied with a serious look before heading out. no matter how bad he was feeling, job was job and he had to get it done. there was no time to sit around blaming the harsh life.

.

.

.

.

Steve was walking down the hallways with a straight face like he was there for another job day, with the chip hiding in his pocket. He knew which room to go to but he couldn't just simply walk inside because he would get seen by other people passing by and get caught in security cameras, he would have to sneak inside some other way.

He had been coming here everyday and walking down this path so many times yet this time it felt so different, he was feeling nervous and paranoid this time, each person he looked at awakened a suspicious fear in him,

"captain." Some agent greeted him who was coming from the opposite direction. Steve nodded and kept going his way to the restroom. he didn't know If he could believe him or not, he had seen most of these people everyday and all of them could be on HYDRA's side or only half them or maybe none of them but the fact that he wouldn't know is what made it more dangerous, he wouldn't trust anyone until it all became clear and sorted out.

He reached restroom and went inside to find out there were already two people inside, he went inside one of the stalls and waited for them leave.

As soon as they both left he came out again before making sure no one was inside the restroom and jumped out to the vents. He carefully got inside the vent and closed the lid then started moving towards the server room .