Frustration

TRISKELION

Fury was inside his office like usual standing near the glass wall and looking at the city afar, it was another normal day at the work, except he was waiting for any kind of update on Diya's case. Three avengers were working on it and he was sure they would find her, they are the people he trusted the most. But this was taking longer than he liked, the longer it takes, bigger the risk of her safety. Not to mention the risk of her identity falling in wrong hands. He was having a hard time handling it all.

"Boss, Thor is here...." agent Coulson said entering his office, "he looks pretty serious, said it's urgent."

"send him in." Fury was confused but little did he know his worries would get double.

Few seconds later Thor entered, his attire was more midgarian casual than his usual Asgardian prince outfit, he was rather on edge because of the deal with his father.

"Fury, I have something important to talk about." He said anger.

"let's sit down." Fury said walking towards his desk but Thor cut him to that,

"there's no time, tesseract is missing."

Fury frowned upon hearing that, he was more confused than ever,

"last time I remember you and your brother took it back with you."

"that was not what happened, we found out that the tesseract we got was a fake and father is not happy about it."

"fake? So you're saying you don't have it?" Fury replied shocked.

"I saw it shatter down to pieces in front of my eyes, father thinks you have tricked us."

"is making a fake cube even possible? It's an infinite energy source is it not? We don't posses such powers."

"I don't know what happened but father is beyond furious, he has threatened Midgard with war if the cube is not given back."

That got Fury's blood cold, the earth just fought it's biggest war of humanity against aliens a month ago, now humanity is back at the edge of war, this was not something he could let go, and he didn't know where the original cube was, everything was falling apart once again and no one was ready for it.

"a war!!!! We just got out of one, and you fought on our side." Fury said raising his voice,

"I still stand on your side, that's why I requested father for some time to negotiate. We are low on time."

"so Odin thinks he can threaten humanity whenever he pleases?" frustration was visible in his voice at this point,

"beware of how you talk of him, he is the Allfather of nine realms, and I'm here to find the cube and prevent this war." Thor said.

There was a silence for few seconds before Thor spoke again,

"we have to inform everyone else to find it as soon as possible."

Fury was going insane right now but he had to think of something, a teenager with knowledge of future is held captive on wrong hands and now humanity is at war again, and everyone else were already busy trying to find her. He had to choose one of two worst case scenario.

If she was here he could have asked for her help on this situation but now that he thought about it, this could be related. Her getting kidnapped and the cube going lost again, he would have to talk to other avengers. This was the only option.

"We have to assemble all the avengers."

.

.

.