Moose

(Edited)

I'll admit, I don't know what it's like to have a family. I'm glad I moved to NYU. I was finally able to escape my situation at home. Finally glad to have some freedom and do the things I love to do. Finally focus more on dancing. I got into dancing when I was seven, it was a good distraction, and eventually it baca me the only thing I know. The thing I love most about dancing is the community. The adrenaline of dancing is never ending and you feel welcomed. I was always dancing around the house and making up moves. Of course my parents would get mad and send me to my room, but that never stopped me.

I was currently at my favourite dance club. The different coloured lights were blaring to the beat of the music and I felt a rush of excitement. I sneakily made my way up to the DJ stand and asked him to play Wild Thoughts by Rihanna. He smiled and nodded before he hooked me up and started playing the song. Whenever I dance I wear a mask. (Like Bucky's). Sometimes people don't take losing well, especially to a teenage girl, so I don't give them the chance to start a fight. I'm in and out before anyone can. The beginning of the songs started to play and I stood on the DJ stand. People started to notice and point as I moved my body to the guitar playing. People cheered and moved out of the way of the dance floor, and formed a circle. Just as the lyrics started I jumped off stage and landed in a kneel.

I don't know if you could take it
Know you wanna see me nakey, nakey, naked
I wanna see your baby, baby, baby
Spinning and it's and it's wet just like it came from Maytag

I moved my body with the beat smoothly and people cheered me on. I brought my knee down to the floor and slid before doing a spin back up.

White girl wasted on that brown liquor
When I get like this I can't be around you
Im too lit to dim down a notch
Cause I could name some things that I'm gone do

Wild, wild, wild
Wild, wild, wild thoughts
Wild, wild, wild
When I'm with you all I get is wild thoughts
Wild, wild, wild
When I'm with you all I get it wild thoughts

I finished my move before slowly walking towards this group in the audience. Some of them were not much older then me. One in particular was a boy with semi-long curly brown hair. He was watching me in awe and I found it adorable. He's eyes watched my every move as he smiled. I watched his eyes widen slightly as I walk towards him and dance around him. At one point I reached over and switched our hats. He was wearing a red cap that matched my outfit. He was confused as he watched me place my hat on his head and his on mine, but I didn't give him much time to react when I danced my way back to the centre of the floor. His friends were shaking his shoulder, hyping him up. They must be a crew. People started howling at me stealing the boys hat and I smiled at him. My confidence was always so much brighter when I'm dancing, it also helps that I'm wearing a mask and can't make a fool of myself.

(The rest of the dance)

When the song ended the lights went black and I took that as my cue to disappear like I always do. I ran up to the bar and grabbed my bag from my friend that works there and snuck out of the club. The doors swung open and I was met with the darkening sky. I took my mask off and stuffed it in my bag before sighing contently. Another great night before school starts. And it could quite possibly be my last. School can be a bit stressful. I'm not sure how I'll be able to juggle dance and school. I push that thought away for now and make my way down the streets until I saw my school come into view. My mind wondered back to a couple minutes ago and I laughed remembering what I did in there. I passed a restaurant and saw my reflection in the mirror and froze.