| chapter twenty four. |

♚ CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR ♚

KONOHA IS STILL AT THE GYM TONIGHT. The others were already resting, while Bokuto and Akaashi were practicing at a different gym. He's in the mood to practice again for some reason, despite the fact that he usually takes a quick shower and sleeps.

He dribbled and spun the volleyball a few times before preparing to do a jump serve. His serve isn't as powerful as Bokuto's, but it's much more controlled.

He gently wiped away his sweat. He'd used nearly half of the basket. Only used for him to practice serving.

The sound of footsteps caused him to come to a halt and turn towards the door. Yanagi stood there in all his glory, dressed in black (because that bastard dislikes white). The tall man picked up the ball that was rolling towards him and looked him in the eyes.

"Toss to me?"

His voice was softer. Like Yanagi really wanted Konoha to give him a toss.

Konoha was silent for a few seconds before exhaling heavily. "Ok."

They then gather all of the volleyballs scattered across the court and place them back in the basket. Yanagi passes the ball to Konoha, who is waiting, and then gives Yanagi's favorite high toss. It's ironic that he still remembers his preferred toss after almost three years.

They continued that several times. No one spoke, only some feedback and criticism, and then they fell silent once more.

Even if he doesn't want to admit it, Konoha is becoming increasingly frustrated with the situation.

"Um..."

The two turned towards the door, realizing there were two first-year Karasuno standing there, the setter and one Konoha didn't recognize.

"Can we... Can we join?" the black-haired setter spoke very carefully and both bowed.

Konoha chose not to answer and glanced at Yanagi because they were his underclassmen. But why is Yanagi still silent and just staring at them?

Seeing that reaction, Konoha finally decided to be the one who answered. "Sure."

The green-haired one smiled broadly, while the black-haired setter maintained a neutral expression but his eyes brightened. They said thank you and walked towards them.

He decided to speak first. "Konoha Akinori from Fukurodani, wing spiker."

"Kageyama Tobio, setter!"

"Yamaguchi Tadashi, middle blocker."

Konoha smiled and nodded. They are split into two teams of two people each. Konoha and Kageyama, while Yanagi and Yamaguchi. (I just realized they have the same initials.)