| chapter thirty nine. |

♚ CHAPTER THIRTY NINE ♚

"WELCOME BACK, KAGEYAMA," almost everyone in the gym greeted him as he returned from his training camp the day before. Kageyama nodded respectfully, thanking his upperclassmen or friends who had greeted him. But he's preoccupied with other matters, and he only requires one person.

When Kageyama just saw Yanagi coming out of the equipment room, he walked briskly towards him. "Yanagi-san!"

"What is it?"

Kageyama took a deep breath. "Someone told me during training camp that I'm a goody-two-shoes. Do you know what that means?"

Yanagi raised an eyebrow. "Who called you that?"

"Miya-san."

"I'm not sure what it is, but it probably has something to do with the way you play. You're both setters, right?" Yanagi paused for a moment. "Good-two-shoes is commonly interpreted as obedient."

"Obedient?" Kageyama remained silent. Trying to figure out what those words mean.

"Perhaps it's because you always give them tosses they want," Yanagi replied.

Kageyama frowned. He couldn't understand. He does not want what happened in middle school to happen again because he ordered the spiker to do what he desired.

"Try it," Kageyama looked up in surprise at the two words. "You're in Karasuno now, we don't know what their reaction will be right?"

Kageyama's eyes went blank once more. It was true that he wasn't at Kitagawa Daiichi anymore, he was already at a different school that had welcomed him with open arms. However, this is due to the fact that he never did what he did in middle school. And he had no idea how they would react if he ordered again. Angry? Hate? Resentment? Kageyama doesn't want to feel that way again.

Kageyama's match with Dateko became one of the most difficult matches he ever played. Because their defense is extremely good. But, of course, beating a great team makes him happy. This enables Kageyama to practice devising a precise toss capable of breaking through the block.

The match was moving quickly, unbeknownst to him, but Kageyama was dissatisfied. It feels different than usual. Perhaps it was because he had been playing with great people for the past week that Kageyama had to get used to it again. But, he's still not satisfied.

"I'll without fail, always bring you good tosses! Please be more decisive!!"

"Now that's the King of the Court I used to know and love... it's been a while since you preached from your high horse," Tsukishima mocked.

Maybe he was thinking too much, especially after his earlier conversation with Yanagi, which caused him to hesitate and accidentally spit out his tyrant words. He said it not only to Tsukishima, but also to Nishinoya, Hinata, and Asahi.