| chapter thirty eight. |

♚ CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT ♚

THE GYM DOOR WAS SLAMMED OPEN, and Takeda-sensei collapsed to the floor. Everyone is approaching him; somehow already used to it.

"Everyone!!" Takeda-sensei was panting. Then he let out a sigh. "Kageyama-kun, you... You've been invited to an all-Japan youth intensive training camp."

"All-Japan?!!"

"Youth entails... The under 19 Japan reps, I'm not wrong, right?!" Yachi trambled.

"Yeah... That's incredible," Kiyoko gaped.

"Wait, that's the same as Ushiwaka, then!!" Yamaguchi pointed out.

"In two years' time, the players who will truly go on to represent Japan and play as a youth representative will be chosen from that pool," Ennoshita explained. "With the entire world as their opponent. In order to prepare for what's coming in two years' time, an invitation will be extended to the most promising 15 and 16-year-olds throughout Japan."

Asahi blinked. "Wait a minute, wasn't Yanagi got invited too on our first year?"

"Yes. And he refused," replied Suga flatly.

"Why?!!!"

"I have more important business than that," he replied casually.

"Why?!!"

"Hey, he devotes his time to train you," Daichi said, deadpanned.

"Yes, thank you, Yanagi-san!!"

Takeda chuckled at their antics before turning his attention to Kageyama. "Kageyama?"

"I'm going."

"What about me?!" Hinata exclaimed. His gaze was fixed on Takeda, hoping he hadn't forgotten to tell his name.

"Uh, the only invitee here is... Kageyama," Hinata felt like he was hit by lightning. He was so shocked that he couldn't say anything.

 "Now for another announcement. Along with the All-Youth training camp, there's another camp for first-year players only and in Miyagi, and who's been invited..." Takeda-sensei trailed off. "is Tsukishima-kun."

Hinata remained silent. He was irritated, his name is not called again.

"Woah!! Join in Tsukishima! Asahi joined too, you know!" Suga shouted, patting Tsukishima hard on the back.

"What about Tanaka-san?" Yachi chimed in.

"Coach Washijo is one of the organizers there, so it must be someone with a tall body," Ukai responded.

"What about me, what about me?!!" Hinata exclaimed.

Takeda-sensei scratched the back of his hair awkwardly. "Uhm... This invite is only... for Tsukishima..."