Prologue

'I finally got enough money to buy the game!' I thought to myself, I'm really hyped for this new sequel, I've been waiting for 3 years to finally know how the journey would finally end. Plus, it's on sale! I'm so lucky today hehe~

I stood beside the road sidewalk, waiting for the traffic light to turn red. Fiddling with my phone to look at some stuff, huh? There's going to be season 2 of Jobless Reincarnation already? Man, that anime sure is good.. but the protagonist's way too much of a pervert.. but I ended up finished the whole season of it anyway, an Otaku will always finish whatever anime he finds entertaining after all.

I do hope Rudy and Sylphy will be reunited again.

Noticing the traffic light is finally red from the sounds of the car engine stopping, I put my phone back in my pocket and continued walking, passing by the waiting car beside me I saw a little girl walking opposite of my direction.

She held a teddy bear and a bouquet of flowers but unfortunately her teddy bear slipped and fell onto the road, she would've easily retrieve it if it wasn't for her bouquet of flowers, now, I can't leave a poor little girl on the road like that. I was going to help her when I noticed a speeding truck going at her in full speed?! Given the distance.. I should be able to-

"GAAHHH!! SCREW IT!"

The truck is way too fast for me to carry her across, so with whatever strength I could muster to my legs. I ran up to her and pushed her out of the way... And I suddenly fell into darkness...

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Far inside a deep forest with dangerous monsters lurking within, a sleeping baby, covered in a warm blanket inside a picnic basket was put under a tree by a hooded woman, she wore a robe intent to hide her face, her motive was unclear.. yet, "I'm truly sorry, my dear.. know that I love you with all my heart as your mother, but I must leave you here so you can be safe.. pray, worry not for a brave adventurer will find you. He will care for you as if you are his own flesh and blood... I must leave before they can find you." She muttered a spell as she left a book beside the basket. The woman stood up, and took one last glance at her child.. before she was suddenly gone, forever...

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

"...Only one more left..." I muttered quietly to myself, carefully cutting the ear of a goblin. Disgusting creatures, but the pay for their removal was enough to cover up the last few coins I need to earn before retirement. Hm, I'd make sure to enjoy this one last hunt, while it maybe not as grand as killing a fearsome demon or a dragon, I can at least make the nearby village rest easy knowing the goblin's nest had been destroyed. I just need to find the last one that managed to ran away.

Passing through tree branches and bushes, I finally found the last goblin hiding.. er... At least trying to hide with whatever intelligence it has, I bashed its head quite hard when it was about to run away, screeching as it did so. Grabbing its own head as if being afraid, the goblin didn't notice I had approached it. As soon as it took notice of me and looked up, I swung my sword in a downard slash and split the goblin into two part followed by a squelch sound.

Cutting off the last ear, I can finally get myself a nice house and a garden of my own.. as well as working as a guard in Buena Village, hmm.. and maybe if I'm lucky enough I might get a chance to find myself a wife.

With the last goblin's ear stored in my bag, I begin to walk back to the town... Still, something feels odd.

"..Hmm, I haven't encountered any other monsters other than that goblin here... The sign of a stronger monster..? No, I would find its footprints by now.." I begin to wonder.. this area was supposed to be filled with other monsters.. but it seems to be quite empty-

"Hm?" I noticed something under a tree not far up in front of me, a basket..? Might be a goblin's trap, but.. something tells me it could be something else.

Unsheathing my sword and holding it at the ready, I approached the basket carefully paying attention to my surroundings... But what I found was more surprising.

'A baby?'

I carefully pick up the baby, holding them close to my chest. Upon closer look, they seem to be a girl, her eyes closed as she's sleeping peacefully. A purple hair... The child of a demon? No.. she seems to lack the features of a demon... Mainly horns.

"You've got a really bad luck to be abandoned here, kid.." I muttered quietly to the baby, while I know she wouldn't understand, it's really a sad thing someone would done this.

In that case, I should bring her back to town with me. I'll see if there's anyone willing to take her in.

"You also got a book with you?" I didn't notice before, but a book with a strange cover is laid beside the basket I found her in, I'll take it with me then.

Ah, she's awake.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Death is really terrifying huh? At least I didn't experience any pain but it sure does scary being alone in this darkness... I couldn't really feel anything here.

'Warm..'

It's suddenly warm..? as if I'm being rolled up inside a blanket, What's going on? I thought I was supposed to be judged to get send to heaven or hell? Huh, I can open my eyes....

The first sight that greeted me after death was the face of a man in his 40s with an oddly striking orange hair and brown eyes.

He looks like your middle aged man in an anime, which usually is handsome and he fits that category really well... Opening his mouth, he said something I can't understand.. what kind of language was that? And behind him seems to be trees, almost covering the sun.

I'm suddenly inside a forest? Wait, why does his face is so close to me, it feels like he's currently carrying me with only one hand.

"Waaawa!"

What the hell was that voice?! That was mine? Wait, let me look at my hands-

"Ugyaaa?!"

It's all tiny?! What... Oh no, I think I understand now... I just got reincarnated didn't I? I died from getting hit by a truck, and woke up inside the body of a baby... This is a clear Isekai set up...

I could only do nothing with this guy carrying me now, hopefully somewhere safe and sound.

[Prologue: End]