Chapter 1

[A/N: Mc is a year older than Rudeus.]

Buena Village, a village near Roa, was said to be protected by two retired adventures that now lives together with their family. One was Paul, a great swordsman and adventurer, he retires as an adventurer and decided to become a knight in Buena, settling down together with Zenith and decided to raise his kids along with his wife together. While the other was Wholve, a man who also used to be an adventurer but m retired after he collected enough funds for himself.. and his adopted daughter he found abandoned inside a forest. Wholve was an adventurer and a swordsman who, rather than learn from existing school that teach various technique of the sword.. he decided to invent one himself... Many prefer the long and ordinary sword or the intimidating axe, but Wholve preferred the Greatsword, wielding the heavy sword and felled many beasts. He went to various places, made a name for himself, and made great memories of his adventuring days... But it was all an old tale of him, now in his 40s he'd rather harvest a handful of vegetables from his garden. Of course, he's also paid as a guard for the village if there was monsters about.

Now, that adventurer himself is busy harvesting vegetables he grew in his backyard, wiping off a bead of sweat across his forehead as the sun gazes down upon him. Cutting off another fresh vegetables, he reminds himself to call his daughter to return home.

He stood up and walked over the stone fence that barricaded his house, opening the small wooden gate as the creak follows.

'Three years sure passed quickly, and she's already 4 years old. I should try asking her in what she has interest most for a fitting gift for her birthday next year.' Was the man's thoughts as he calls his daughter.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

"Fuwaahh.." I let out a satisfied sigh as I laid down on the grass, feeling its piercing greens against my skin. My eyes focus on the bright blue sky with clouds hovering in various forms above.

'It's 3 years already... I never gave much thought to this but I'm beginning to suspect I have been reincarnated into Mushoku Tensei, no matter how much I tried to ignore it. I found the same things that exists in that anime, mainly... The story of Superd Demons, with ruby-colored gem on their forehead completed with the green hair. If I were to guess, this is the village where it all started.. but was I born into the future or the past..? Hmm, only one way to find out-'

I got up and dust off my skirt and shirt, why a skirt you ask?

"Hey, Jeanne!"

Because I am now a little girl... And that was my father calling me with my new name, but unfortunately I can't seem to recall my name in my past life.. so now I am stuck to be a peasant little girl with a super plain look.

Oh, and I am well aware I'm adopted.

Turning to my side, I wave at my dad while running up to him.

'Gotta act like a normal cute lil' girl after all~'

"Heya dad."

I stopped right in front of him, looking up at his face, seriously though, this guy is tall and handsome.. makes me wonder how he's not married yet.

"Let's go back, It's time for lunch. Oh, and I have something important to tell you."

'Eh~ something important huh, I wonder that that is... He's always been an almost silent type of guy, only talks when I ask him something. Still, he's been a good father who takes care of me properly.. even when I cried for hours when I found out I was a girl...'

"Okay." I reply with a nod, following after him as we walk back home.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

While dad prepares lunch, I decided to run off somewhere, not that I'm a naughty kid who always ignore her parents, but he himself told me that I can wait or help if I want.

'And for now, there's something I'd like to try...'

Walking through the hallway of the house, which is a house out of a medieval village era being made into real life, I went to his room. A key in my hand.

It's not for the door since it's never locked, but it was for the chest right in front of the bed. How did I get it? By "borrowing" it of course. What else, or rather.. dad seems to forget the existence of the chest nor the key himself.

'He placed the key on top of his study table, and I never saw him with the key in his hand. He just left it there.'

Turning the handle to the side, I walked in stealthily, who knows what dad hid in the chest.. might be some dark secrets he doesn't want me to find out. Oh, I'm such a naughty girl~ but who can resist such temptations?

Now that I'm right in front of the chest, I insert in the key into the keyhole.. when I heard the *click* noise, I quickly move my right hand from the key to the chest to open it up.

"Alright.. here I go."

'With the strength of a 4 years old!'

"Heave... Ho!"

And with that, the chest goes upward and reveals its contents to my innocent eyes.

"...It's just.. a bunch of clothes and a sword scabbard?"

With a sigh, I decided to look further into the chest, looking for something actually interesting, sure the sword scabbard looks cool but it's just that, a leather scabbard.

'Hm? What's this?'

Pushing aside another clothes in front of me, I found an interesting looking old book... I pulled it out from the chest and hold it right in front of my eyes, inspecting the familiar cover of the book.

'I feel like I've seen it before, huh.. wait... This is-!'

"Asta's Grimoire from Black Clover..!"

I shouted out of surprise, my mind quickly going on under theories and questions.

'Am I actually in Black Clover world instead? No that sounds stupid, I never heard any mention of Clover kingdom from dad... Could it be a connected world somehow? Am I really in Mushoku Tensei? If dad have this Grimoire does that mean he's actually Asta- wait no, that's too wild.. Asta has ash grey hair, Uwaaa, this is too much... Wait... If I have the power of anti-magic in the world of Mushoku Tensei, assuming I'm currently are, that means I'm going to be overpowered and unstoppable! Fuhahaha! In a world of magic, I shall be the one who ru..les... Oh yeah, there's crazy sword technique practitioners who can use that technique that reach the speed of light... And that Orsted guy which I saw in the wiki about him had absolutely overpowered combat abilities, I shouldn't have avoided the spoiler parts though, it could be useful now... also I wouldn't be that much overpowered it seems...'

"Still, I should ask dad about this."

I silently stare at the black five leaf clover which is the Grimoire's cover, I guess I should try to open it up first...

"It's empty."

Just as I thought, Asta was chosen after he was 15 years old, just like other kids his age were in Black Clover... I guess that means I have to wait...

'That aside, I guess it should be safe to assume I'm in Mushoku Tensei. That means I'll have to train before the teleportation incident happens, I'm going to have myself prepared to survive whatever it is coming at me in this world. Yes, that's right, I should do my best to survive from here on out!'

"Jeanne, Lunch's ready!"

"Uwah, I should get out of here first!"

[Chapter 1 End]

[What do you guys think? I'll gladly accept any feedbacks!]