Chapter 3

[A/N: I'm going to focus on doing this fic first before continuing Atelier Tanaka.]

"...Uh, Dad.. why did you introduce me now? Why not when I was a year younger or so?"

I walk beside him, our destination to the Greyrat's residence, for as long as I know.. they only accept visitors if they have an important thing to report to the knight of the family that is Paul, at least from what I've seen in the anime. Dad seems to know Paul well.

Dad rubs the back of his head before answering.

"That's because I thought you wouldn't understand how to treat a toddler yet. You're tomboyish and energetic, you might lead poor Rudeus into trouble."

'As if there's something to pity about it that pervert... But this is still a good chance to know how far I am in the story.'

"But the more I look at how you behave, the more I realize how you're unnaturally quite mature for a kid your age, and truth be told... I forgot to bring you since you're always so busy playing by yourself that I thought you wouldn't want to be bothered."

"Ah... You could've just told me..."

He only chuckled at that.

"But right now is the perfect time for that, right? We should be on time before evening came."

"Okay."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

We arrived after a short 3 minutes of walking, not as far as I thought.

Paul, Rudeus' father, was already training in front of the house. Lilia the maid was seen taking dry clothes inside while Zenith was tending her garden.

"Hey, Paul!"

Paul stopped doing his graceful swing with his sword and turned his attention to my dad, he smiled as he waved his free hand towards us.

"Wholve!"

Paul quickly walked over to us, opening the gate of the fence to welcome us in.

"Sorry for the sudden visit but I promised to introduce my daughter, didn't I? Plus we're free for a spar today. And I reckon it's going to be useful for her to observe as I planned to train her starting tomorrow."

Paul raised an eyebrow for a second, "Alright, it's been a while since I have a sparring practice anyway." before then turned his attention to me, smiling ever so brightly.

"Hey there, you must be Jeanne then?"

He said to me, his hand ruffling my hair.

'Headpats doesn't feel so bad...'

"Yes, it's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Greyrat."

"You have good manners too. Your dad should be proud of you."

My dad crossed his arms, his usually neutral face turned into a friendly one.

"Of course I am, she's my daughter after all."

Paul turned his attention back to my dad, asking, "So, want to do it now?"

"Yeah, but there's nothing wrong with chatting for a bit before we start, right?"

"Yeah, ain't nothing wrong catching up a bit with each other. Jeanne, why don't you introduce yourself to Rudy? I'm sure you'll like him. He's inside, but do mind that he's a shy kid with new people."

Paul said to me, right before he and Dad went inside.

'They seem to know each other for quite some time, they're like friends back in the day or something.'