Chapter 4

[A/N: Was the og Jobless reincarnation characters in the previous chapter too OOC? If they do, I deeply apologize, I forgot to mention how awful my writing is lol.]

Roxy Migurdia - An adventurer turned tutor to Rudeus Greyrat after she accepted a request from the Greyrat's household looking for a teacher for their little prodigy.

She arrives at the village of Buena, greeted the working villagers as she walked by. Walking the road with her staff in sound with her steps.

The blue sky gives a clear reflection to her own blue hair, tied in braids and hidden under her big hat.

The mage arrived at her destination, the Greyrat Household.

In the front yard, a little girl with short purple hair can be seen swinging a wooden sword.

That little girl, is Jeanne.

Following the days ever since her first visit to the Greyrat's household with her Father, Paul agreed to train Jeanne on a limited timetable. In the morning, she will train with her Father, in the afternoon and evening, she will train together with Rudeus under Paul's guidance.

Roxy watched the little girl for a few more seconds before going inside the fence. When Jeanne noticed her, she quickly stopped and and waved at her, to which Roxy replied with her own little wave.

Knocking the front the door of the house, she was greeted by three members of the family.

Rudeus Greyrat, currently being held in the arms of his father, Paul Greyrat, and the mother Zenith Greyrat.

They all looked surprised when they see who would be the tutor to Rudeus.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

"Phew.." I breath out after another session of training my swing.

Paul went inside the house to take care of something, maybe preparing for the arrival of Roxy?

'Heh, it was awesome to see the intermediate spell that destroyed Paul's study room from my own eyes a few days ago, Rudeus and I have also became friends. As expected of my charisma against a NEET~ But he seriously needs to go out. Hmm, would tricking him and giving him a Shounen protagonist type of speech help?'

I closed my eyes and tried to focus on my surroundings, currently, I am trying to learn Ki-sensing. Without it I'm nothing more than a weak ant that could get crushed easily by a trash mob. And even if I do know how to use Ki, it would only make a slight difference in a fight if I don't have something that can equal my strength with battle aura, it would still make me weak and easy to get crushed...

In the Black Clover anime, Ki was portrayed as something that exists within a person who are alive. The movement of their muscles, breathing, the smell, and sounds.

'Right, just take a deep breath... And try to focus.'

"...Gah! I can't do this at all..!"

It's impossible without something coming right at me...

'Maybe I can ask Rudeus to help me learn Ki by shooting -Waterball- while I'm closing my eyes and he move around to a different place quietly after every of shot.'

"...I'll ask him later."

Finished musing with myself, I continued to practice a few moves Paul and Dad taught me.

"Hiyah..!"

Battle Aura is something that appears as every warrior grow stronger, it could also be said that a warrior unconsciously use them in a battle.

While I, who does not even have a teeny tiny bit of mana, wouldn't be able to use it at all.

Looking back at it, there were never a character named Wholve in Mushoku Tensei, nor did a little girl named Jeanne.

'Am I an anomaly then?'

I can't help but thinking about it...

I shook my head, and continued to swing the wooden sword in my hands.

'Stop that depressing thoughts! If there's an obstacle that means I just need to surpass my limit! Yeah! That must be it! The Shounen protag power is running inside me.'

...Wait, isn't that Roxy?

I stopped mid swing and put the wooden sword down, then waved at her.

And she replied with a wave.

'Now that Roxy's here, it'll be about 7 years from now on before Rudeus' 10th birthday at the fortress city of Roa and the teleportation incident. Should I try to warn him? ...would anyone believe a 4 years old telling them there's going to be a huge teleportation light that move them randomly around the world? I think not. But if it's Rudeus... He would believe won't he..? I just need to confess I'm also a reincarnated soul to him.'

"Everything just became more complicated now..."

I muttered quietly to myself, watching the Greyrats greeted Roxy and seeing Rudeus gets afraid of studying magic outside his house.

'Yep, definitely going with the plan to trick him into going outside and then give him one heck of a Shounen protag speech. Plus he'll be able to go outside with Roxy more often if the plan succeed.'

My dad should be done with his shift now, patrolling over the forest as this village's guard and all, he'd usually gave me to an old couple while on patrol. Now I have to take Paul's sword lessons while he's out.

"Jeanne."

"Fwoah?!"

I jump back with a yelp, turning around, it was Rudeus.

"Don't sneak up on me like that..!"

"Hehe, I can't help it. You were so deep in thought instead of training."

"Weren't you supposed to be lectured about magic?"

"Roxy Shishou wants to prepare a little first."

'Shishou..?'

"Hm, hm. I see, I see... Well, I better go home, it's getting late and I have some more exercise to get done. Good luck with your magic studies!"

I quickly ran from him and said my farewells to Paul and Zenith before going back to my house.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

"Ah- wait..! Aaand she's already gone... Ever since that day, she's been an exercise maniac... I don't mind muscular girls too anyway..."

'First Jeanne and now Roxy. This is a gold of chance here laid before me, although Jeanne seems to be avoiding me lately... Is she scared because of that magic accident a few days ago? I'll think about this later.'

I better go back to Roxy.

[Chapter 4: End]

[Just a little tid bit in this chapter, Chapter 5 might take longer because I'll need to read the actual source material first: The Novel.]