Chapter 6

"Are you sure about this, Jeanne?"

"Yes, yes, don't worry about it, this is important for me to improve."

A few minutes ago she asked me to shoot  Waterballs at her while she will be closing her eyes and attempt to either dodge or parry it. 

At least with less power so she won't get hurt.

"Isn't your dad going to be angry if he finds your clothes dirty and wet?"

"He won't, he'll understand it's just because I put extra effort into training." She tried to assure me, giving her usual toothy smile.

'Cute! She's 100% the tomboy type!'

"Fine, I'll do it."

Paul was watching while we were both doing from the stable, it seems that she already told him about this training method.

"Don't blame me if you get scolded okay?"

"Yeah, don't worry too much."

Voiceless incantation should do the trick. She told me the way I cast spells without incantation should work to help her out with her new training.

'Maybe I can catch a glimpse of her naked when she's all soaked~'

"Rudy, you're doing that creepy smile again..."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

'Imagine something halfway between instinct and prediction...'

"From behind..!"

I turned around and swung the wooden sword and felt nothing.

"Eh?"

*Splash*

My face got all wet...

"Again..!"

"Uh, Jeanne... Are you sur-"

"I said again!"

I closed my eyes once more, and my grip on the wooden hilt tightened.

'Not yet, I'm not giving up now!'

*Splash*

"Not yet!"

*Splash*

"Again!"

*Splash*

"One more time..!"

'...Concentrate... It's something halfway between instinct and prediction, it is not the mana, but rather the life energy, their Ki.'

'...This is-!'

My foot shifted to the side as my legs and body followed suit, the wooden sword raised and I swung it horizontally.

A *splash* sound was made as I finally managed to hit Rudy's Waterball.

'I could feel it coming, I... I did it! I just used Ki-sensing!'

Opening my eyes and turning to my side, I saw Rudeus' face in complete surprise.

"Whoa, how did you..?"

"Hehe~ thank you, Rudy! But let's do it again, I need to master this!"

"Ah.. okay!"

I managed to hit and dodge at least a few more of his Waterballs after that, this is good enough. This way I should be able to increase my chance of survival.

'Not strong enough to protect anyone yet.. but I'll unlock Ki potential... Ki is a life energy, which means if I could train myself enough with it I can use it to enhance my strength somehow.'