→ chapter 5

VIVIENNE

VIVIENNE

The first instinct was denial. She was ready to say the words, 'no, I'm not' but his raised eyebrows made her pause.

"...I didn't plan on it," she conceded. "Nothing today went to plan, and the last I expected was to see you again. It was mostly due to shock, nothing personal."

"Ouch, nothing personal huh," Dominic grinned almost humorously. "I thought I had more impact in your life than nothing personal, you know."

Did she? Probably not.

She was well aware her pleasant expression slowly melting away to a small frown. It seems like he and Sebastian shared the same opinions now as well. Maybe she was overly sensitive, but it was like he was trying to hold the fact of him taking her virginity as a means to what?

Have some sort of claim as a part of her life?

Sure, a lot of people viewed the concept of one's own virginity as some important, sacred even. Supposed she simply wasn't one of them. It was special just because he had been her trusted friend, but not to a point that the memory would stay with her every moment of her life.

Wow...she was kind of a bitch.

"Do you want a medal for being the first one to fuck me?" Her words were blankly delivered, no humorous or affectionate tone visible as he just barely winced, realizing his own mistake.

"Shit, Viv, that's not what I meant," he stood up, trying to reach for her as she stepped back with a sigh.

"I don't need to know what you meant, Dominic, really. I'm just tired after the flight, don't mind me."

Yes, that was it. She was just tired, it wasn't his fault for wanting to bring up their past together.

"Yes you do, I wasn't trying to be a dick and hold it over your head or whatever. It's just...I've been thinking about you and by the looks of it probably more than you have me."

He wasn't wrong there. She had truly moved on from their time together, filling up those memories with new ones in university across the ocean, but she kept that fact to herself.

"And I think a part of me still regrets that I didn't do anything to develop what we had further back then."

He was actually confessing to her.

Well not with his current feelings, but the past ones. Her slight moment of anger was no longer present to dictate her words. "It's funny isn't it, how things work out. But thank you for being honest with me."

"I suppose this isn't the time to ask if you felt the same?"

"I think you're right," Vivienne agreed to his surprise. "If we had explored what we had back then we could have been very happy together for a time. But it wouldn't change the fact that both you and I had moved away, and a long-distance relationship wouldn't have worked with us being as young as we were. It would have ultimately ended either way."