𝕍𝕀𝕀

Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

          IF SOMEONE HAD INFORMED ME THAT I would be laughing hysterically in front of the Northern King, I would've seriously asked whether said person was sane. But as I laughed hysterically in front of Christian Faolan, I began to question whether I was sane. I was definitely losing it. At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if this was all a dream and I was just delirious. 

I couldn't stop laughing. Christian didn't look amused as he pursed his lips together, his brows pinching together as his expression morphed into something that looked like annoyance or maybe concern. I didn't blame him. His apparent Consort was crazily laughing her head off. 

My stomach began to ache as my laughter died into small hiccups. Grinning, I snorted. "You can't be serious?"

His expression didn't waver. 

My hysteria melted away as the reality of what was revealed finally settled, my giggles coming to a complete halt as my smile dissolved. "You're serious."

"I don't really know how to convince you," he stated, looking marginally uncomfortable.

"How is this possible?" I sputtered out, staggering back to find something I could rest my weight against because I was getting lightheaded. "Wolves can't mate with other creatures, especially Lumen Creatures."

"No one said wolves can't; it just has never happened before."

"You're a King," I choked on my words.

"I am," was his response.

"I'm a Queen."

"You are."

"This would never work. We are from two different kingdoms, let alone the fact that we are also two different types of creatures," I began to pace around the room, trying to grasp what was happening, and he watched, almost bored as he leaned against my wardrobe, arms crossed. "You're a wolf and I'm fae."

"An Aurelia to be precise."

"I just turned twenty-one and Goddess know how old you are."

He frowned offended. "How old do you think I am?"

I shot him a glare and he held his hands up in surrender. "King Christian, this isn't funny."

"I never said it was, and please, just call me Christian."

"How is this possible?"

His chest raised before he released a deep exhale as he pushed himself off the wardrobe and closed the distance between us. I took several steps back and he stopped, getting the hint that I didn't want to be near him. It was in a flash but I swore I saw hurt in his eyes before they were iced. 

"I can't answer these questions because I don't know the answer to them."

"So, what do you know?" I spat out, angrily.