4

"Mai?"
The young boy known as Kai called after entering their room.
The crying girl could hear the smallest sounds but currently chose to ignore him.
She didn't deserve a friend like him, she was a horrible person.

"Mai can I come in? Are you dressed?"
He asked knocking quitlely.

"G-go away."
She heard the door open dispite her asking him to leave.
He quickly peeked in and scanned the floor, he didn't see any clothes that she could have changed out of, so he assumed she died take anything off.

Sure enough she was clothed sitting with her legs to her chest. He picked her up and wrapped her in a towel drying her off.
"Did you get hurt?"
He asked grabbing her chin and tilting her head, checking for injuries.

She buried her face in the towel.
"N-no, it was too easy Kai! I-I killed him, I'm a murderer, I'M A MURDERER!!!"
She sobbed and shoved him away but he wrapped his arms around her tightly.
"I understand, I did it too. But your not a murderer."
He lifted her up and took her to her bed laying down beside her.

"I-i killed him, a murderer is someone who kills."
She whimpered grabbing his shirt and curling into a ball.

"You didn't want to do it, it's not the same okay?"
She just sniffled and fell asleep after a few minutes like her mind was trying to escape her horrible reality, but it didn't work.
her dreams were filled with blood.

.................

It has been a year, a year of mental and physical torture for the two kids.
Each match Mai was put in she won.
And after each win she gained experience making her better and better at it.

Both her and Kai had just made it to ring B.
Mai sat in their room watching Kai's match on the small box tv from under her covers.
It played all live matches they couldn't shut it off either. Another form of trainingshe guessed, so they could assess future opponents. 

The woman Kai was fighting against quirk seemed to be controlling her own blood.
Mai's worry started to increase when the Woman used her blood to make a whip and wrapped it around Kai's legs preventing him from using his speed.

Then three more came from her legs.
Two tentacle-like things attached to his arms holding her like some sort of a bloody Marinette doll.

Mai's hand was practically glued to her mouth in horror as the third tentacle hovered above her like a scorpion's tail.
Then at lightning speed it stabbed Kai through the chest.

And that was the end. In seconds Kai met his fate. In seconds Mai's only freind was killed.

She ran to the bathroom and hurled her already discusting lunch into their toilet.
She ran back to their room praying that her eyes were playing tricks on her.

"AND WITH THAT YOUR VERY OWN: BLOOD WITCH IS OUR VICTOR!!!"
Mai could hear the crowd cheering and felt the need to throw up again but her stomach was empty resulting in only dry painful gags.
She sobbed into her hands.
"I'm not going anywhere Mai, I Swear."

Kai's promise echoed in her mind over and over again as if she was mocking herself.

'Blood witch.'
Mai had actually heard of her.
She was a volunteer, one of the many Psychopaths who fought because she wanted to and kept her own winnings.
Volunteers were people who craved blood, people who wanted to kill
as opposed to people like Mai and Kai. People taken from their homes and forced to fight.
Forced to die.

Mai curled up on her bed wrapping her own arms around herself trying to imagine Kai was there will her.

...................

"NOW OUR COMPETITORS!!! THE YOUNG FALLEN ANGEL!!!!"

Mai was shaking with anger and grief.
She know who she was up against and she knew what she was going to do.

"VS THE BLOOD WITCH!!!!!"

The moment Mai saw her she ran as fast as possible. She didn't give a shit about the count down. They wanted a show? She'll give them a show.
Before the witch could think to move Mai grabbed her arm and snapped it like a twig.

"WOAH!! LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE'S EXITED!!!"
Mai ignored the announcer.
The woman let out a scream but Mai didn't care, she wrapped one hand around the woman's neck and thrust her other hand into the woman's chest using her claws and brute strength to destroy her rib cage.

The witch let out a scream that didn't stop.
She continued to struggle as animalistic instincts kicked in while her body attempted to save her from death.
Which of course didn't work.

When Mai pulled out her hand and showed the cheering crowd what she was holding.
A blood coated heart still beating slowly.
Mai was absolutely covered in the woman's blood.

"WELL I SUPPOSE YOU CANT SAY THIS GIRL ISN'T "HEARTLESS" ANYMORE!!!!"
The crowd shouted and laughed at the man's joke.
"OUR FALLEN ANGEL WINS WITHIN THE MINUTE!!!"

Mai dropped the heart and stalked out of the arena. She didn't feel better like she thought she would.

She felt the same pang of guilt she always did.
She stopped and looked behind herself at the corpse in her wake.