Epilogue

All Might looked at his phone as a ding alerted him that someone had texted him.
He had been busy dealing with the police at the end of the tunnel that became a closed off investigation area. Police tape sealed off the entrance as officers looked for anything they could to get closer to catching the league of Villains.

The text was from a random number which wasn't uncommon. He gives his number out to his students in case of emergencies.
He clicked to open the message and it felt liked he'd been struck by lightning.

If anything happens to me give Hitoshi Shinso my spot in the hero course.

There was no doubt who it was from but All might couldn't believe what he was looking at. He stared at the screen with his mouth hanging open.

Two hours ago in this very spot Mai Rika died of blood loss and blunt force trauma to the head. All might was standing in the same spot she took her last breath.

It was eerie, the timing of this text. Where was her phone and how had it finally gotten reception? When exactly was this sent? In the tunnel before the fight? It had to have been then right?

Why? Why would she care? She knew from the beginning that she could have died and she was settling what would happen afterwards.

He ran a hand through his hair with a sigh.
He wanted to catch the league of villains. He needed to put that bastard Shigaraki and his followers to Justice.
Mai was a child. A child that was murdered. She was fucking murdered.

...................

A black car pulled up to the empty cemetery at midnight. The door opened and light poured over the grass. Two figures in hooded cloaks slid out and turned off the ignition.
The two characters scanned the tombstones and walked around the graves in search for one person in particular.
"Did you really have to pick someone dead?
One of the figures complained.

"Hush! I didn't know she was going to die this soon."
The other one replyed stopping by the freshly buried grave.

"Well..."
One of the two dropped her hood revealing a bald head with black headband over her forehead. Her gold eyes glowed slightly as she flexed her hand and a shovel appeared from nowhere.

"Let's get to work."